GIMP hobbyist would like to make free graphics

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
neocryptek
Gnome

Post by neocryptek »

Mr.Bloodworth wrote:Where would i find the images curently in use in The crezy eddie one?

Im up for remaking the UI, Vector art is my "Thing" lol.
The .tga and .imageset files are what your looking for.

-N30
dennis
Gremlin

Post by dennis »

Centipede has really come through on this one ... two new textures for the rzr-002! Thanks a lot!

rzr-002-factory.png

rzr-002-aged.png

screenshot:
DWORD
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by DWORD »

Nice one! :)
dennis
Gremlin

Post by dennis »

So ... any work left for Centipede?
dorvo
Halfling

Post by dorvo »

The RZR-002 looks like it's from StarFox.
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by jacmoe »

cegui imagesets! :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Bren
Goblin

Post by Bren »

jacmoe wrote:cegui imagesets! :)
That would be sweet!
centipede
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by centipede »

Funny you should mention it.

This concept came out of my work on the EvilMMI-folk's game. They are happy with it being used as a gui to give something back to ogre.

It needs some adjustments. Useful? What else do I need on it?

Btw. I have also signed myself up on the OpenFrag project besides EvilMMI. So I only have room for minor textures. But don't mind asking if you feel you need it, folks.
Last edited by centipede on Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
batonrye
Halfling

Post by batonrye »

hey, i'd be interested in creating an image set for crazy eddie, seeing as how i'd like to use it in a project, and i'm just not too impressed with the included example image sets. I've got some skinning experience.

What is a good native resolution to create the image set in? i'f i were to create it in 1280x1024, (autoscale = true) do you think it would scale down alright in lower resolutions? What is the preference of screen res for you guys?

Ideally i'd like to make a skin that is much cleaner looking, maybe a hi-tech blue/white theme. Oh some sexy drop shadows would be nice too. It would be easy to make several color variations also.

I'd be happy to share what i come up with :)

EDIT: Just curious - what is your framerate working with the CEGUI stuff? I get about 40~50 on my radeon 9800 runnign the demos (about 100 with 1 basic window). on the SS's of the demos, i see things like 250 fps. something is NOT RIGHT. Of course the demo was built with an older version of CEGUI and ogre... Yes my drivers are up to date.
I will try to rebuild a demo under the latest versions of everyhting.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

@batonrye: If you get 1.0.1 you'll see an improvement in speed when using CEGui (see the release notes).

@centipede: looks good - kinda like a Fallout style, I like. You might wanna tone down the amount of glow around the radio/checkboxes though, it takes up a little too much space IMO.
batonrye
Halfling

Post by batonrye »

sweet - good to know!

i'll post some graphic work, or a link to my site, when i come up with some stuff
SpannerMan
Gold Sponsor
Gold Sponsor

Post by SpannerMan »

Yeah, it does look kinda Fallout stylee, I like it too.

Im also keen to see new imagesets created for CEGUI, so for you guys who haven't seen them yet, heres what the CEGUI imageset textures look like:

WindowsLook

TaharezLook

These are just jpg's though, the actual textures are tga's with transparency. Ive zipped up these tga's and their respective imagset definition files for you to take a look at HERE.
milas
Gnoblar

Post by milas »

batonrye: Also make sure you're not running Debug versions, that will slow things down.

centipede: That is an awesome theme, but I agree with sinbad that the glow is taking a little too much space.
SuprChikn
Bugbear

Post by SuprChikn »

Wow man, this is all looking really sweet.
The CEGui demo runs pretty crap for me too, tho i am using a fairly old computer. Will update to 1.0.1 today and see if I get much better results.

centipede: That CEGui style you've created there reminds me a lot of Soldier of Fortune II. I've had many hours playing the multiplayer demo at uni with a bunch of mates when the Techs and Lecturers werent looking. :)
Keep it up man.
centipede
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by centipede »

Yes, I know the lights are huge, but it does look good :). I'ved toned it down a bit.
Here's a couple of variations.

Image Image

I fear the corners of the textbox are too large also.
bugshake
Greenskin

Post by bugshake »

I think this green set is beautiful for a fullscreen dialog, like game/graphics options. But for on screen graphics, like a small RPG-conversation window or for a map editor or so, I would use much smaller graphics. These have to still look good on a 800x600 resolution.
centipede
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by centipede »

I know. Rather than trying to make one universal imageset in my first attempt, it seemed more achievable to make different styles each with their own advantages. Following perhaps 5-10 gui-skins the chances of making a fair generic skin is more a matter of picking the good parts of each. Besides there is nothing wrong in a large and a compact version of each.

Is CEGUI able to switch imageset dynamically?
SuprChikn
Bugbear

Post by SuprChikn »

gotta go with your second option there. V.Nice.
The green in the first one is a little too sickly looking (un-natural).
centipede
Silver Sponsor
Silver Sponsor

Post by centipede »

@SuprChikn: Heh, I know. That's what I fell for. I'll save that effect for a horror-game gui. Too few horror games outthere for sure!
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by :wumpus: »

centipede wrote:@SuprChikn: Heh, I know. That's what I fell for. I'll save that effect for a horror-game gui. Too few horror games outthere for sure!
Agreed! I like the sickly green effect actually. Would be great for some ominous lab from a Lovecraft novel.
Robomaniac
Hobgoblin

Post by Robomaniac »

!

I'm looking for someone to whip up a CEGUI theme/imageset for Centaur Force. The theme you're working on looks great. If you want to whip something up for me (no pay, sorry, i'm broke :\), contact me (aim, msn, e-mail, forums, pm, etc they're all at the bottom). Thanks,

Stephen Eckenrode
phear hingo

My Webpage