Problems with the GameState

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
darkmaster
Halfling

Problems with the GameState

Post by darkmaster »

hELLO all,

I implement the game state method which is shown in the wiki articles.
But when I try to run it, I got some erors which are very weird to me. Its happening when I try to use the CEGUI things in my apps.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(105) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '.'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(105) : warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(105) : error C2720: 'sMemManager' : '__declspec(dllimport ) ' storage-class specifier illegal on members
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(105) : error C2491: '`global namespace'::Ogre::MemoryManager::sMemManager' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(105) : error C2059: syntax error : '.'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(106) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '.'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(106) : warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(106) : error C2720: 'sMemManager' : '__declspec(dllimport ) ' storage-class specifier illegal on members
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(106) : error C2182: 'sMemManager' : illegal use of type 'void'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(106) : error C2491: '`global namespace'::Ogre::MemoryManager::sMemManager' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(106) : error C2059: syntax error : '.'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(107) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '.'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(107) : warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(107) : error C2720: 'sMemManager' : '__declspec(dllimport ) ' storage-class specifier illegal on members
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(107) : error C2491: '`global namespace'::Ogre::MemoryManager::sMemManager' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(107) : error C2059: syntax error : '.'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(108) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '.'
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(108) : warning C4229: anachronism used : modifiers on data are ignored
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(108) : error C2720: 'sMemManager' : '__declspec(dllimport ) ' storage-class specifier illegal on members
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(108) : error C2491: '`global namespace'::Ogre::MemoryManager::sMemManager' : definition of dllimport static data member not allowed
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE\malloc.h(108) : error C2059: syntax error : '.'

SOry to post all of this eror line, I really don't know the cause of this eror.

The program structure is looks like this

I have two header file:

GameEngine.h: it contains the class structure of GameManager, InPUTmANAGER, GameState

GameState.h: This is where my first state is made, SplashScreen state is the one causing problem. If I remove this, all the eror is gone.

two cpp file:
main.cpp:main call
GameEngine.cpp:the code for the GameEngine.h

I really dont understand what's wrong, hope anyone can suggest some solutions

Regards,

Dark
Engineers aren't boring people, but they got excited over boring things and they make it fun.
www.freewebs.com/gpkfontys
Robomaniac
Hobgoblin

Post by Robomaniac »

There is a conflict with the xerces memory manager and the ogre memory manager, simply wrap all of your cegui includes with #define OGRE_NO_MEMORY_MACROS and after #define OGRE_MEMORY_MACROS

(I think)
phear hingo

My Webpage
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by haffax »

almost ;)

Code: Select all

#include <OgreNoMemoryMacros.h>
// XERCES/CEGUI headers
#include <OgreMemoryMacros.h>
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
darkmaster
Halfling

Post by darkmaster »

:D Niceee solution. Its working correctly now guys.

but why do we need to include<OgreNoMemoryMacros>
and include<OgreMemoryMacros>.

HOw is the workaround regarding to the memoryManager conflict be done with this statement? maybe someone can explain to me :wink:

Dark
Engineers aren't boring people, but they got excited over boring things and they make it fun.
www.freewebs.com/gpkfontys
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by Kencho »

Haven't looked into this, but I guess it has something to deal with #undef and #define preprocessor statements and things like that ;)
bal
Greenskin

Post by bal »

Ogre's memory manager conflicts with Xerces' one.
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by :wumpus: »

I generally see Ogre's memory manager as a pita and disable it completely even in debug mode; although it's very nice if you want to detect leaks, it redefining the allocation/deallocation functions doesn't go to well with most if third party dependency, even Xerces and CEGUI.
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by Kencho »

Nice observation. Now that you mention it, I think I'll enable it only for the debug build ;)
:wumpus:
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by :wumpus: »

It is only enabled for debug builds by default.. :-)
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by haffax »

That was Kencho's point. ;)
team-pantheon programmer
creators of Rastullahs Lockenpracht
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by Kencho »

LOL You're right! :lol: I've won the "stupid comment of the month" prize, hahahaha!!!