Ogre wiki

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
skullfire
Gremlin

Ogre wiki

Post by skullfire »

Hello. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a downloadable version of the wiki. I dont know about the rest of you, but im on 56k, and sometimes i just want to view the tuts on my pc.
In the meantime, I downloaded all tuts in html form(File->Save As...) but links link to the actual ogre wiki so i have to do the browsing on windows explorer, teehee.
So, can this be done? downloadable ogre wiki?
Olex
Hobgoblin

Post by Olex »

You can also use wget to recursively download the wiki.

Maybe even setup a regular downloads that generate snapshots.
Kencho
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator

Post by Kencho »

As a wiki, it's constantly changing, so I don't think that a downloadable version would be very practical...

The snpashot idea is good though...
Vectrex
Ogre Magi

Post by Vectrex »

using wget is really harsh on a wiki. I think a downloadable wiki is a good idea (it doesn't change *that* much). The unreal wiki does this. Sounds like you've forgotten just how bad a non-permanent 56k modem is :D
I think there's an automated way to bundle up a wiki (?). I think the unreal wiki is automated (?? :) )
dataangel
Gnoblar

Post by dataangel »

The unreal wiki does do 24 hour snapshots:

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Offline_Wiki

One compressed file is probably a lot less bandwidth intensive than wget. Not sure if this is builtin wiki functionality or something special they setup (I've never administered a wiki).
ekt
Gremlin

Post by ekt »

i'm using http://www.httrack.com/

search functionality is lost but it's a minor problem
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad »

MediaWiki doesn't have an official offline mode; there are a few scripts on their site but nothing that looks that well supported. If anyone finds one that works well, let me know.
skullfire
Gremlin

Post by skullfire »

:O heh thanks every1 for posting back. Snapshots would be awesome... ill try wget, and see if i can download it right. Im gonna try searching for an offline mode script that werks, ill post back if i find one. thx!