puzzled in the coordinate frame of OGRE!
-
undersea
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 9:47 am
puzzled in the coordinate frame of OGRE!
The world coordinate frame is right-handed. Then what about the camera coordinate frame, right-handed or left-handed?
I am seting the position and orientation of camera according to the real camera, so I must know the definition of the camera coordinate frame.
Help!!!
I am seting the position and orientation of camera according to the real camera, so I must know the definition of the camera coordinate frame.
Help!!!
- SuprChikn
- Bugbear
- Posts: 863
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:10 am
- Location: Melbourne, Aus
- Contact:
-
undersea
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 9:47 am
I am designing AR(augmented system) and choose OGRE as rendering engine. I can get the position and orientationof real camera relative to markers in real world. Now, I want to set the position and orientation of camera in OGRE according to real camera. So I have to know the definition of camera in OGRE.
- haffax
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 4823
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- x 8
- Contact:
- haffax
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 4823
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- x 8
- Contact:
-
undersea
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 9:47 am
SuprChikn said: X is left-right, Y is up-down, Z is forward-backward,that is, right is +x, down is +y, backward is +z ?? Why down is +y?SuprChikn wrote:What do you mean by "the real camera"?
In Ogre, X is left-right, Y is up-down, Z is forward-backward.
What more do you need to know? Rotations? About the X is pitch, about the Y is yaw, and about the Z is roll.
the camera coordinate frame, in my opinoin, is the watcher's local coordinate, the z of which should be forward-backward. And the z of world coordinate frame is backward-forward.
- SuprChikn
- Bugbear
- Posts: 863
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:10 am
- Location: Melbourne, Aus
- Contact:
- haffax
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 4823
- Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- x 8
- Contact:
- DWORD
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 1365
- Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:43 pm
- Location: Aalborg, Denmark
- Contact:
Confusion is total!
Like it has been said numerous times in this thread, Ogre uses a right-handed coordinate system. I.e. +X is right, +Y is up, +Z is backwards (out of the screen towards you). If all you want to do is position and orient the camera inside Ogre the same way as a physical camera, you just have to make sure that you convert the coordinates you have for the real camera correctly.