Need a better framework.
- vgmdev
- Greenskin
- Posts: 110
- Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:58 am
- Location: MI, USA
Need a better framework.
Is there a better framework to work with than exampleapp...
-
stodge
- Goblin
- Posts: 217
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:12 am
- x 1
- Contact:
-
Tyn
- Gremlin
- Posts: 195
- Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:40 pm
- Location: England
- Contact:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
Douglas Adams
http://www.spacecolonization.net
2080: Space Colonization
Douglas Adams
http://www.spacecolonization.net
2080: Space Colonization
- discipline
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 766
- Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 12:09 am
There is one being developed in conjunction with some wiki articles by bleeder. However page one has just started. I could give you mine under a BSD license (free to use, distribute, modify) . I'm developing my own and planning on releasing it. It works decently now, I just haven't documented or cleaned it up. It's about 3000 lines of code and handles input, smooth rotations, object management, basic animations. Here is a class list:
Code: Select all
Application
CameraObj
Input
InputHandler
InputManager
InputSDL
InputOgre
InputGII
Listener
Ninja
Object
Robot
Speaker-
stodge
- Goblin
- Posts: 217
- Joined: Thu Oct 24, 2002 4:12 am
- x 1
- Contact:
- discipline
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 766
- Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 12:09 am
- Falagard
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 2060
- Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:11 am
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- x 4
- Contact:
- bugshake
- Greenskin
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:12 pm
- Location: Amsterdam
- Contact:
- discipline
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 766
- Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 12:09 am
Falagard: sorry to disappoint, but it is just a simple wrapper that is responsible for it's own pitch/yaw node and camera creation right now. I've spent more of my time in the object class with quaternions. 
everyone else: Ok, I could tinker with it forever! It is clean enough for now. I'll just make a small announcement here and anyone who notices can grab it. If you guys find it useful, and as it grows I may advertise its availability more. This is just a simple framework that allows one to get off the example framework. However it does provide some cool things such as:
License is BSD which is even less restrictive than Ogre's (LGPL).
What's in the package is the sample framework (all under solar/*), and a sample program (sample/*). Your project is based off of modification or by example from sample/*. By leaving the framework alone, this will ease the upgrade process. If you need more functionality the framework can be overridden instead of modified.
Oh and finally, if you want to see some simple screen shots of my sample app, look under my art link: http://code.adaptableit.com/art Nothing fancy just yet, but there is my first texture mapped object (included in the sample).
everyone else: Ok, I could tinker with it forever! It is clean enough for now. I'll just make a small announcement here and anyone who notices can grab it. If you guys find it useful, and as it grows I may advertise its availability more. This is just a simple framework that allows one to get off the example framework. However it does provide some cool things such as:
- * Smooth rotation of objects using nlerp
* Basic terrain collision detection of objects and camera
* Better design than the example framework
* Basic animation and movement logic built in to a world object
License is BSD which is even less restrictive than Ogre's (LGPL).
What's in the package is the sample framework (all under solar/*), and a sample program (sample/*). Your project is based off of modification or by example from sample/*. By leaving the framework alone, this will ease the upgrade process. If you need more functionality the framework can be overridden instead of modified.
Oh and finally, if you want to see some simple screen shots of my sample app, look under my art link: http://code.adaptableit.com/art Nothing fancy just yet, but there is my first texture mapped object (included in the sample).
- discipline
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 766
- Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 12:09 am
- discipline
- OGRE Community Helper

- Posts: 766
- Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 12:09 am
Ok Vetts, I've made a second release here: http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11998
I now support MSVC 7.1 along side gcc. Let's have future discussion on this framework in the above thread.
I now support MSVC 7.1 along side gcc. Let's have future discussion on this framework in the above thread.