I need window with 3d scene, but not for game,
it must be separate window and usually not main,
the question is
can I create child window, I am using [mRoot->createRenderWindow]
now and it creates separate window which is hided when I switch to my main window (it is ok, but I need another behaviour),
and also it draw nothing when it is not active and
it is supposed to be alway not active in my case.
so I need child window with renders scene on request.
How can I do that?
Thanks.
not main OGRE window
-
nickserg
- Gremlin
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:24 am
- Location: Russia, Spb
- sinbad
- OGRE Retired Team Member

- Posts: 19269
- Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
- Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
- x 67
- Contact:
Create your own window (and window loop etc) and use the externalWindowHandle option when creating a render window.
Example: http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ndowhandle
Example: http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ndowhandle
-
nickserg
- Gremlin
- Posts: 181
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:24 am
- Location: Russia, Spb
by the way,
I got a lot of memory leaks in deleting mRoot object,
they are uncountable, Visual Studio hangs showing them,
almost all 48 bytes.
It looks like they are connected with this outside window,
but I am not sure.
Any ideas?
maybe I forgot something:
I just created new window class, popup window
and passed to 'createRenderWindow'.
I got a lot of memory leaks in deleting mRoot object,
they are uncountable, Visual Studio hangs showing them,
almost all 48 bytes.
It looks like they are connected with this outside window,
but I am not sure.
Any ideas?
maybe I forgot something:
I just created new window class, popup window
and passed to 'createRenderWindow'.