Page 5 of 5
Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:59 pm
by SomeFusion
swakdaddy wrote:So I keep trying to get this stuff from svn://ogre3d.org.ru/mage/ and Tortoise keeps saying that the server is 'actively refusing' my connection.
Is this still up?
Thanks!
Same here!
Posted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:43 pm
by swakdaddy
Yeah, I've pretty much given up on this one for a while...gonna wait for PLSM2's next release...until then, I'm gonna go learn something else related.

SVN Access
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:20 am
by laweya
Im trying to download Mage via SVN usinf tortoise SVN. According to this page
https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/mage/wiki/MageDownload
The svn repository is at [url]svn://ogre3d.org.ru/mage/[/url]
but my client says that the server has refused my connection, is there a problem or am I doing somethin wring?
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:52 pm
by tau
Rewinder
Good job on the Mage Editor!
btw, just to hijack this thread (sorry for that

): once, many many light years ago I visited Omsk, Russia myself

Nice city, but it was a bit cold at winter.
Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:36 pm
by Lee04
[d
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:54 am
by laweya
Hi,
Am I missing something on where I can get the editor?
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:29 am
by xavier
You do know what SVN is correct? You have to build MAGE from source; there are no binaries. The page you linked to lays that out pretty clearly.
Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:20 pm
by laweya
SomeFusion wrote:swakdaddy wrote:So I keep trying to get this stuff from svn://ogre3d.org.ru/mage/ and Tortoise keeps saying that the server is 'actively refusing' my connection.
Is this still up?
Thanks!
Same here!
As you can see, I'm not the only one getting this problem, I'm using tortoise SVN and I keep getting the same error. But it seems some can access it fine.
Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:50 am
by ghostlake
Mee to get this problem...

Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:47 pm
by laweya
"Will the real author of MAGE please stand up' and tell us where we can find this great tool?
Posted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:21 am
by boost
Any news on this tool please

?
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:14 pm
by boost
anybody downloaded the source? would love to give it a look

Re: SVN Access
Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:45 pm
by Brocan
laweya wrote:Im trying to download Mage via SVN usinf tortoise SVN. According to this page
https://opensvn.csie.org/traccgi/mage/wiki/MageDownload
The svn repository is at [url]svn://ogre3d.org.ru/mage/[/url]
but my client says that the server has refused my connection, is there a problem or am I doing somethin wring?
I have the same problem and I can't download mage, in this svn is source or binaries?
PD: sorry for my bad english, i'm spanish

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:09 am
by Deranged
I really liked this project... too bad he dropped off the face of the net...
got it
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:59 am
by Lexx
i have found and ported old version of Mage(with QT) to Ogre 1-4-0 rc2 (Eihort). There's bin and src pack. Since author of MAGE has gone, there's no official support/update for this project... :/
enjoy
MAGE_src:
http://coderfx.nm.ru/MAGE_src.rar - 650 кб
MAGE_bin:
http://coderfx.nm.ru/MAGE_bin.rar - 6.700 кб
p.s. i've marked changed code (for Ogre1.4) with "//PATCH" marker
if u get some errors || bugs - check this parts at first, coz i'm newbie with Ogre...

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:02 pm
by PolyVox
Wow, that's excellent! Do you have any screenshots etc?
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:13 pm
by ahmedali
@Lexx
Now u have ressurected it. You must maintain it too

.
You should Wiki it too where other external editors are mentioned.
Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:09 pm
by Lexx
sorry 4 delay
previous version was bugged (error with selected objects), it's my fail... QT was compiled with "Multi-threaded Debug DLL", and Mage was compiled with "Multi-threaded Debug"... I change runtime library options in mage and now it's work well. New version of SRC and BIN just uploaded to my ftp:
MAGE_src:
http://coderfx.nm.ru/MAGE_bin_x0.01.rar - 650 кб
MAGE_bin:
http://coderfx.nm.ru/MAGE_src_x0.01.rar - 6.500 кб (all in one)
there's mage pic:
p.s. i'm not sure about "maintain it"

, but i'll work with this editor(for my game). I'm thinking about integration NxOgre to Mage (some kind of physics editor for body); supporting PLSM; lightmap generator and other tasty things

But if you can make this things first - make it!!! I'm don't wonna work...
p.s.s have any1 Mage sources with WxWidgets ? I'm hate Qt....
p.s.s.s sry for my bad english, it's not my native lang...

Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:52 am
by sebarnolds
Hi.
It's good news that it has been found again (as, as I understand, it was nowhere to be found). Maybe it would be a good idea to put it somewhere in a CVS ? What was the license ? Would it be easy to create a sourceforge account for it ? Maybe in OgreAddons ?
It could help develop it...
Just my 2 cents,
Sebastien
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:56 am
by bharling
Hi
am interested in using this myself, downloaded the binary above, but it crashes on startup, the log is below:
Code: Select all
11:53:34 mage::sdk::MainLog::MainLog: Logging started, MainLog singleton created
11:53:34 mage::Application::initializeOgre: Initializing OGRE
11:53:35 mage::Application::initializeOgre: OGRE initialized successfully
11:53:35 mage::sdk::StateManager::StateManager: StateManager singleton created
11:53:35 mage::PropertyWidgetFactoryManager::PropertyWidgetFactoryManager: PropertyWidgetFactoryManager Singleton created
11:53:35 mage::OgreView::OgreView: OgreView singleton created
11:53:36 mage::MainWindow::MainWindow: MainWindow singleton created
11:53:36 mage::ToolsetManager::ToolsetManager: ToolsetManager singleton created
11:53:36 mage::ToolsetManager::loadToolset: Loading toolset 'standard'
11:53:36 mage::DynLib::DynLib: Loading dynamic library 'standard'
11:53:36 mage::sdk::Exception::Exception: An exception has been thrown:
Exception:
Type: ET_PLATFORM_ERROR
Place: .\src\ToolsetManager.cpp@105 (mage::DynLib::DynLib)
Description: Cannot load dynamic library 'standard.dll': This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Anyone have any ideas?
cheers,
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:24 pm
by Lexx
bharling wrote:
Code: Select all
11:53:34 mage::sdk::MainLog::MainLog: Logging started, MainLog singleton created
11:53:34 mage::Application::initializeOgre: Initializing OGRE
11:53:35 mage::Application::initializeOgre: OGRE initialized successfully
11:53:35 mage::sdk::StateManager::StateManager: StateManager singleton created
11:53:35 mage::PropertyWidgetFactoryManager::PropertyWidgetFactoryManager: PropertyWidgetFactoryManager Singleton created
11:53:35 mage::OgreView::OgreView: OgreView singleton created
11:53:36 mage::MainWindow::MainWindow: MainWindow singleton created
11:53:36 mage::ToolsetManager::ToolsetManager: ToolsetManager singleton created
11:53:36 mage::ToolsetManager::loadToolset: Loading toolset 'standard'
11:53:36 mage::DynLib::DynLib: Loading dynamic library 'standard'
11:53:36 mage::sdk::Exception::Exception: An exception has been thrown:
Exception:
Type: ET_PLATFORM_ERROR
Place: .\src\ToolsetManager.cpp@105 (mage::DynLib::DynLib)
Description: Cannot load dynamic library 'standard.dll': This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Anyone have any ideas?
cheers,
yeah, u have no installed MSVC, so just copy this files:
Code: Select all
msvcm80d.dll
msvcp80d.dll
msvcr80d.dll
Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT.manifest
to "toolsets" folder. This will help
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:00 pm
by Mans
Hi,
I've read that Mage whould be easily ported to Linux. But I'm struggling to create a simple renderwindow on Linux, using Ogre 1.4 and QT 4.2... If anyone has managed to do it, he would really help me by answering my post :
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 605#215605
Thanks !