Page 10 of 11

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:35 am
by EricB
I just downloaded it (paid $5 (didn't each lunch today for you)) the download didn't save as .exe for some reason just proun, so i tacked on a .exe and it installs. (Vs redist is still a little slow to install though)

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:10 am
by betajaen
5 EUR from me. Downloading it now. ;)

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:32 am
by Slappy
Also paid $5.
Next time hire some professional to create installer for you :wink:

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:19 pm
by kulik
Awesome game! Emptied my poor paypal for this :lol:

I would also like to report that this works with no problems with wine 1.2.2 which is what Ubuntu 11.04 has (I get a nice ~100 fps with very high details on gtx460 @ 1920x1080). Only the installer keeps restarting itself, but if you just click close it all finishes and the game works then.

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:40 pm
by Ouacaze
Cool ! It's advertised on this french blog :)

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:16 pm
by metaldev
HOLY CRAP

i just browsed twitter and read the following tweet:
@Quinns108 Quintin Smith
Here is how much I think you should spend on Pay-What-You-Want game Proun. You should spend /one million dollars./
and it was retweeted by @rockpapershot!

congrats to you Oogst!
I hope it snowballs for you!

EDIT:
dude!
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06 ... -released/
glowing review and feedback! o man i wish you so much luck!

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:39 pm
by shmafoozius
First of all, great game! Did only check the free version but as soon as there's money on my Paypal I will buy it.

I found another bug which has to do with joystick controls: If a use any axes of my gamepad the game crashes without helpful error messages (just the windows error box asking if the problem should be sent).
Testes with a PS3 gamepad using Motionjoy drivers on Windows 7 64-Bit.

I don't own any other gamepads anymore, so I can't say if this is a Motionjoy, but so far I this is the first game which has problems using it.

Using buttons and the D-Pad works fine.

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:51 am
by tommytom
[youtube]nh2uBxie3Kc[/youtube]

Loved the youtube video, but I wish I could actually play your game.
Also, as I repped it to others on the forum I mod for, the domain seemingly died.

http://www.proun-game.com/ comes up as if the domain is not registered.
OpenDNS seems to think that the nameservers for hosting2go.nl are at fault (possibly knocked offline from the traffic?)
Nameserver trace for http://www.proun-game.com:
Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed a.root-servers.net.
Looking for who is responsible for com and followed d.gtld-servers.net.
Looking for who is responsible for proun-game.com and followed ns2.hosting2go.nl.

Nameservers for http://www.proun-game.com:
ns2.hosting2go.nl returned (SERVFAIL)
ns1.hosting2go.nl returned (SERVFAIL)
Anyways, as far as my problem with the game, this is the error message I get, and luckily it is also in the ogre log:

Code: Select all

22:30:25: Finished parsing scripts for resource group General0
22:30:25: Loading resource group 'General0' - Resources: 1 World Geometry: 1
22:30:25: OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Cannot create D3D9 pixel shader Cg_DoF_SM3_64samples_FP from microcode. in D3D9GpuFragmentProgram::loadFromMicrocode at ..\..\..\ogre\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9GpuProgram.cpp (line 369)
I am running Windows 7 x64, 2gb DDR2 RAM, ATI Radeon x1550.

From the error, it seems to be trying to load shader model 3. I believe my card supports this, but I'm not certain. If not, it is incorrectly trying to load SM3 when it should be trying SM2.
I thought the game might be SM3 only, but I read in this topic that it is compatible down to SM1.1, so that is not the case. BUt maybe I'm chasing a wild goose here...

Edit:
Until your site is up, maybe people will find it here.

Buy/download game for preset amounts, or custom amount (still alive due to being a 3rd party):
http://sites.fastspring.com/oogst3d/product/proun

"Buy" for free from official 3rd party download location
http://sites.fastspring.com/oogst3d/product/prounfree

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:19 am
by Slappy
Maybe you can post some info about your game on some indie-game-related-sites like indiedb.com or indiegamemag.com indiegamereviewer etc... to spread knowledge of the game :)

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:47 pm
by altren
Great game.
Noticed small bug with texts - thin line above all 'o' characters.
Image
Windows 7, Geforce gt540M

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:45 pm
by TxTurbo
TotalBiscuit did a first impressions video on Proun, very complimentary!
http://youtu.be/vZElWj8UB9I
81k views 8 hours after uploading it.

As he later tweeted:
Ahh crap, sorry Proun :[ Your site appears to have exploded. Should I start warning indies about forthcoming videos or something?
- http://twitter.com/#!/Totalbiscuit/stat ... 0244202496
For those of you who don't know TotalBiscuit, he manages to take down 90% of the websites he mentions in his videos... just because he mentions them.

Come back Proun! I didn't get a chance to buy your fantastic game. =)

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:04 pm
by tommytom
TxTurbo wrote:Come back Proun! I didn't get a chance to buy your fantastic game. =)
tommytom wrote:Until your site is up, maybe people will find it here.

Buy/download game for preset amounts, or custom amount (still alive due to being a 3rd party):
http://sites.fastspring.com/oogst3d/product/proun

"Buy" for free from official 3rd party download location
http://sites.fastspring.com/oogst3d/product/prounfree

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:25 pm
by Oogst
tommytom wrote:...
Also, as I repped it to others on the forum I mod for, the domain seemingly died.
The server company turned it offline because the highscore server was getting too much traffic. :( There is a temporary alternative website here:

http://www2.hku.nl/~joost1/Proun/

I'm going to look for an alternative to run my PHP+MySQL script on for the highscores. I'm pretty n00b with server stuff, so if anyone has any hints? Also, if anyone would like to help out making my php script more efficient, then please send me an email: joost -at- ronimo-games.com. It's not that much, but I am just total beginner with PHP/MySQL...


Anyways, as far as my problem with the game, this is the error message I get, and luckily it is also in the ogre log:

Code: Select all

22:30:25: Finished parsing scripts for resource group General0
22:30:25: Loading resource group 'General0' - Resources: 1 World Geometry: 1
22:30:25: OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Cannot create D3D9 pixel shader Cg_DoF_SM3_64samples_FP from microcode. in D3D9GpuFragmentProgram::loadFromMicrocode at ..\..\..\ogre\RenderSystems\Direct3D9\src\OgreD3D9GpuProgram.cpp (line 369)
I am running Windows 7 x64, 2gb DDR2 RAM, ATI Radeon x1550.
This seems to happen only on some Ati cards. I am investigating that now. The only Ati specific issue I know, is mixing sm 2 vertex shaders with sm3 fragment shaders. Do you know any other Ati specific shader things?

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:28 pm
by Oogst
I opened a separate topic to ask around for one of the graphics issues:

http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65372

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:33 am
by shmafoozius
Just wow. After playing for some hours I can say for sure: I love this game.
Speed of light is so much fun. I know my score will get beaten for sure but currently I'm second on track 1 and 3 and first on track 2 globally... it's the first game which makes me care about highscore lists!

Told another friend about the game, he likes it a lot too! If he won't buy the game he will get it as a present so I can give you some more money. :)

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:21 am
by cybereality
Ok, I bought it. Paid the minimum, sorry. Seems like a pretty cool game. Works great in stereo 3D (Nvidia drivers). Nice job!

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:09 am
by PsyCowboy
Congratulation! The game seems just amazing.
I'd be very interested in having information about the results of your business model!

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:16 pm
by Beauty
Proun seems to be a sweet game.

Unfortunately I can't play it.
Image

I also attached the Ogre log file. Perhaps this could be useful.

My operation system is Win 7, 64 bit.
My graphic card is Radeon X1950 pro (DirectX 9).

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:12 pm
by Oogst
Yeah, I know of that bug, I still need to create a fix for it...

In the meanwhile, you can easily fix it yourself using the directions in this forum topic: http://www.ronimo-games.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=1082

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:15 am
by Beauty
Thanks, now I could play it (in lowest quality mode) and I like it. :D
Also I like your interesting blog posts !!

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 pm
by zarfius
I am standing at a train station and I just spotted your game in a computer mag. Love it when I see ogre projects in the real world :-) Congrats

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:09 am
by lonewolff
Yeah, it got a whole half page in PC Powerplay. 8)

Thats awesome to see. It is like a 'brother' has hit the big time. Well done! I hope it pays huge dividends for you :D

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:24 pm
by Oogst
One million highscores have been submitted for Proun! Woohoo! 8)

I have written a blogpost with the gameplay statistics of Proun:

One million races played! Proun's gameplay statistics

Next week I will also post Proun's highly anticipated sales statistics. :)

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:39 pm
by Oogst
I have released the complete sales statistics for Proun! For those interested to see how the Pay What You Want model would do, have a look here:

Proun sales data blogpost

Re: Proun - OUT NOW!

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:44 pm
by f00bar
thanks a lot, that's a very interesting read