Page 10 of 11
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:12 pm
by Assaf Raman
What do you mean by "weird that WinRT support was merged in 1-9 before the D3D11 rendersystem itself" - where do you see that?
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:17 pm
by Assaf Raman
I think I see what you mean, I will try to fix it.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:21 pm
by Assaf Raman
As I don't see the harm, I will just commit the d3d11 render system from the trunk to 1.9. I will do it in the next hour.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:27 pm
by Assaf Raman
The difference is not that great, and the issue you found seems to be the only important one.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:38 pm
by Xplodwild
I updated my Cg toolkit to 3.1, and rebuilt CgProgramManager but it still seems to fail. Open the Deferred Shading sample for example, it crashes when loading compositor. Same for Dual Quaternion Skinning sample. Samples with no shaders or pure HLSL works fine.
Code: Select all
13:36:14: WARNING: material DeferredShading/Shadows/Caster has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: Vertex program DeferredShading/Shadows/CasterVP cannot be used - not supported.
13:36:14: CompositorChain: Compositor DeferredShading/GBuffer has no supported techniques.
13:36:14: WARNING: material DeferredShading/Post/ShowNormal has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: Vertex program DeferredShading/post/vs cannot be used - not supported.
13:36:14: WARNING: material DeferredShading/Post/ShowNormal has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: Vertex program DeferredShading/post/vs cannot be used - not supported.
13:36:14: CompositorChain: Compositor DeferredShading/ShowNormals has no supported techniques.
13:36:14: WARNING: material DeferredShading/Post/ShowDS has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: Vertex program DeferredShading/post/vs cannot be used - not supported.
13:36:14: WARNING: material DeferredShading/Post/ShowDS has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: Vertex program DeferredShading/post/vs cannot be used - not supported.
13:36:14: CompositorChain: Compositor DeferredShading/ShowDepthSpecular has no supported techniques.
13:36:14: WARNING: material DeferredShading/Post/ShowColour has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: Vertex program DeferredShading/post/vs cannot be used - not supported.
13:36:14: WARNING: material DeferredShading/Post/ShowColour has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: Vertex program DeferredShading/post/vs cannot be used - not supported.
13:36:14: CompositorChain: Compositor DeferredShading/ShowColour has no supported techniques.
13:36:14: WARNING: material ssao has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: Vertex program ssao_vs cannot be used - not supported.
13:36:14: WARNING: material ssao has no supportable Techniques and will be blank. Explanation:
Pass 0: Vertex program ssao_vs cannot be used - not supported.
13:36:14: CompositorChain: Compositor DeferredShading/SSAO has no supported techniques.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:40 pm
by Assaf Raman
What render system?
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:42 pm
by Xplodwild
If I'm not mistaken Fresnel sample uses Cg too, but this one works.
I'm using D3D11 renderer, just synced from source, from the default branch. It works fine on D3D9.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:48 pm
by Assaf Raman
Yes, not all the samples work in the d3d11 render system. Sorry if that wasn't clear, I wrote in in the big commit comments:
7. Fixes to same samples so they will work with the d3d11 render system.
Note - the student didn't get to fix all the samples.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:51 pm
by Xplodwild
Okay thanks for the explanation.
I hope Deferred will be fixed soon

Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:52 pm
by Assaf Raman
Why do you need it?
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:54 pm
by Xplodwild
I'm using it in my project, so I'd love to see how it performs under DX11, and eventually enhance it.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:55 pm
by Assaf Raman
Shouldn't be hard, I will add it to my todo list.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 pm
by robert_sasu
I have discussed with Assaf Raman today, and because of some errors on the current fork (history, wrong commits), I will create a new fork and will continue to debug all the samples which are not working. Moreover, I will try to implement some more features to the directx 11 Render System. The multi-device support will be the first one, as from September I will have the possibility to work on a machine where I can test it. If you have any suggestions, what to implement to the Render System, or any other things please post it here, or the other thread which regards this render system (I will get notifications) and will answer

.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 pm
by Assaf Raman
Can you have a look at the "Facial Animation" sample?
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:59 pm
by robert_sasu
Sure:-) I will try to debug it tonight or tomorrow:-)
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:03 pm
by Assaf Raman
It is a parameters issue - change to manual - and see that if you change any of the default parameters - it has the issue.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:10 am
by Assaf Raman
The student passed!
He did a great job, on time, and his code is now forever a part of OGRE code.
I hope he will also be a part of our small community in the future and I am looking foreword to working with him on this topic and many others.
Congratulation!

Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:04 pm
by Mind Calamity
Congratulations, robert! You did a great job!

Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:33 pm
by Assaf Raman
Added the main items we did here to the road map.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:18 pm
by robert_sasu
Thanks for everything

. I will take a one week vacation (around 10 days) after that I will start to work again. Firstly I will try to do some bugfixes after that I will implement some more features to DirectX 11 Render System.
p.s. I haven't found yet the problem for the Facial sample, will work on after the holiday.
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:02 am
by Eugene
Congratulations!
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:25 pm
by ja0335
Great job!!! congratulations.
I downloaded the src, and i want to try your progress there is something special i must to do, to compile and test the directx11 render system?
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:01 pm
by ja0335
Hi,
Currently testing your work.

Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:13 pm
by Assaf Raman
Use the official 1.9 branch code - all the code is there...
Re: [GSoC 2012] Complete the DirectX 11 render system
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:11 am
by Transporter
Well, DirectX 11 is not working at my computer:
08:55:20: D3D11 : Subsystem Initialising
08:55:20: OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Failed to create Direct3D11 object.
An undetermined error occurred
in D3D11RenderSystem::D3D11RenderSystem at ..\..\..\RenderSystems\Direct3D11\src\OgreD3D11RenderSystem.cpp (line 800)
And I have a DirectX11 graphic card:
nVidia Quadro 2000M
- DirectX: 11
- OpenGL: 4.3
- Shader Model: 5.0
Edit 1: The DirectX 11 examples of the DirectX SDK are working!
Edit 2: It's only not working in debug configuration. But this is not a solution.