Strange , same thing compiled on Linux works (.mp3 and ogg et al)
and .mp3 wont work on windows . Bug for sure !
Adding Sound to OGRE in 2 seconds: Tutorial
-
Rohit Chauhan
- Halfling
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:01 pm
- Location: India,Shimla
- Contact:
-
hihi30254300
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:33 pm
Problem for playing the same sound effect
I want to ask how can I play the same set of sound effect twice at the same time.
- yuriythebest
- Orc
- Posts: 468
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:44 am
- Location: Kiev, Ukraine
- Contact:
-
sagagk
- Gnoblar
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:33 am
Error
Hello Ogrers, I was trying with Audiere 1.9.3 in windows. I get this error:
"Cannot find symbol dllStartPlugin in library .\audiere"
Error #7
Please see the image:

I am using VC Net 2005 and added 3 parameters:
1). Tools>>Options>>Projects and Solutions>>VC++ Directories>>Library Files
C:\audiere-1.9.3-win32\lib
2). Project>>Settings>>Linker>>General>>Additional Library Directories
I've also added that directory
3). Project>>Settings>>Linker>>input>>Additional Directories
I added audiere.lib
4). In plugins.cfg I added:
(...)
Plugin=audiere
(...)
5). And I copied audiere.dll in the bin/release (I am running the code in "Release" mode)
6). I added:
(...)
#include "audiere.h"
(...)
and in the code:
(...)
audiere::AudioDevicePtr device(audiere::OpenDevice());
(...)
*****************
I need more? It is the same with audiere 1.9.4. I am confuse about audiere.... O you have another suggestion for adding sound or music to a game in Ogre??
Please somebody could help me,
Thank You Everyone
"Cannot find symbol dllStartPlugin in library .\audiere"
Error #7
Please see the image:

I am using VC Net 2005 and added 3 parameters:
1). Tools>>Options>>Projects and Solutions>>VC++ Directories>>Library Files
C:\audiere-1.9.3-win32\lib
2). Project>>Settings>>Linker>>General>>Additional Library Directories
I've also added that directory
3). Project>>Settings>>Linker>>input>>Additional Directories
I added audiere.lib
4). In plugins.cfg I added:
(...)
Plugin=audiere
(...)
5). And I copied audiere.dll in the bin/release (I am running the code in "Release" mode)
6). I added:
(...)
#include "audiere.h"
(...)
and in the code:
(...)
audiere::AudioDevicePtr device(audiere::OpenDevice());
(...)
*****************
I need more? It is the same with audiere 1.9.4. I am confuse about audiere.... O you have another suggestion for adding sound or music to a game in Ogre??
Please somebody could help me,
Thank You Everyone
- jacmoe
- OGRE Retired Moderator

- Posts: 20570
- Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
- Location: Denmark
- x 179
- Contact:
Don't add audiere to the plugins configuration file.
It's not an Ogre plugin.
If you've linked to the audiere lib, you'll load the DLL automatically when your program runs.
Easy as that.
It's not an Ogre plugin.
If you've linked to the audiere lib, you'll load the DLL automatically when your program runs.
Easy as that.
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.