Page 2 of 2
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:57 pm
by sinbad
I'll be taking my camera to get a few shots.
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:12 pm
by bisco
same for me

we could then put up a page to upload pics somewhere
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:28 am
by Svapne
Hrmmmm.. This is interesting. I saw SIGGRAPH was coming to Boston a few days ago and I live not too far outside the city, and I'm in there all the time. I'm only a very casual Ogre user and even a more casual game/graphics developer but I really enjoy experimenting with it when I find spare time, and I hope to have something to show someday.
What would the minimum cost be to be at the BOF meeting, wouldn't mind showing up to say my thanks and just meet people, and maybe offer to buy a few pints and some of Boston's finer drinking establishments..
~Scott
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:46 pm
by sinbad
I believe you have to be an attendee at the conference to attend a BOF, unless your blagging skills are finely honed
I think the 'Exhibits Plus' registration is the cheapest option ($75 if you book it today).
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:20 am
by futnuh
Svapne wrote:Hrmmmm.. This is interesting. I saw SIGGRAPH was coming to Boston a few days ago and I live not too far outside the city, and I'm in there all the time. I'm only a very casual Ogre user and even a more casual game/graphics developer but I really enjoy experimenting with it when I find spare time, and I hope to have something to show someday.
Being so close, you've got to go - SIGGRAPH is absolutely awesome. Highlights for me are:
- evening Electronic theatre show (features all the best CG from the previous year)
- Exhibition (easy to spend 2 full days wandering the floor watching vendor presentations, trying out the latest hardware and software)
- Emerging Technologies gallery (lots of funky proof-of-concept CG hardware/software demos)
- too many good talks to mention (I especially enjoy the 'how we did it" sessions put on by Digital Domain, LucasFilm, explaining visual effects from the feature film world)
- Animation theatre (24+ hours of excellent content runs constantly in several different theatres)
Treat yourself and get a full pass ...
Tips for passing USA customs without being sent home directl
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:46 pm
by Lee04
One: Warning! If you are born in one of the contries on USA list, but have lived and worked all your life in another country and you are a full citycen
you can still be sent to teh country you where born in, it doesn't matter hwo you are today. This have happen too big company bosses in Sweden going to the USA.
Two: Always have the adress where you will be staying on you when are passing customs.
Three: If they ask how long you will stay don't stutter just have a good answere readty like a week a month whatever. Never answere "I don't know"
four: Don't pack summer and winter stuff.
five: Don't pack fotos of your familly etc.
six: They will know how you will support your stay. So have money on your account or with you in travelers checks or what ever. No cash.
Have a nice trip
Lee04
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:58 am
by :wumpus:
Bloodypriest wrote:One thing I've found weird last time I've went to the US is the shoe screening. Those guys are really weird wanting to smell our shoes' odor. Seriously, if someone was hiding a blade in his shoes, he wouldn't pass the metal detector so what's the need for it? Talk about paranoia.
For drugs..
I won't be going this year, have fun people that go

Long time lurker!
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:55 am
by sunbeam60
Hey,
Been lurking on these boards forever. I'm going to the non-photo realistic rendering paper presentation that afternoon, but I think it starts after the meetup, so I'll come along just to say hi and, if nothing else, give Steve a pad on his back for running Ogre3D. Only used Ogre3D for personal work (the company I work for has its own tech), so won't exactly be there in any capacity other than "I like Ogre3D"
See you there.
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:18 pm
by jic23
Sadly I'm skipping SIGGRAPH this year (annoying Thesis writing deadline) or I'd definitely be there. A few people from the lab are going so I'll suggest they drop by if they can.
Hope it goes well - SIGGRAPH is cool

Hopefully I'll make it next year.
If you can drop by the Gorilla Studio - many toys to play with

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:11 am
by max621
I will be at SIGGRAPH, maybe I'll drop by if I'm free

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:17 pm
by d0smonster
I will be attending SIGGRAPH this year and would definitely like to meet up with some of the more devout OGRE users. So count me in!
I would also like to mention that my company will be recruiting at the conference, and I will be spending a portion of my time interviewing several candidates. We are looking to fill a number of various positions including graphics and game programmers, as well as a number of different artists. So for those in seek of work, be sure to bring your resume along! We will be performing several interviews right at the conference hall.
Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:27 pm
by SpannerMan
Any chance someone can take a camcorder and film it? Then we can all see Sinbad getting sweaty
I cant make it because its in the States, but it would be cool if someday there was some sort of UK or even European meet up.
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:04 am
by gk
I'll be going and showing a poster of a project that uses Ogre. It is titled 'Interactive Generation of Cities for Real-Time Applications' but is in very early stages.
I'll pencil down a date to see Ogre people at the birds of a feather session and anyone is welcome to come and ask questions on our poster.

I'll be there
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:29 pm
by Arknarath
Hey,
I am at SigGraph and I like Ogre a lot, I used it when I was in school. I'll stop by. I think its awesome that you will be at SigGraph.
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:03 pm
by SpannerMan
Any footage or pics for us to oogle Sinbad?
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:12 pm
by pjcast
He posted a small selction of pics on his blog. I don't know if he has more though

Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:58 pm
by sinbad
I didn't have time to take any pictures during the BOF, I was too busy presenting and answering tons of questions. One of the attendees did though, and I'm waiting for him to email them to me.
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:43 am
by Kencho
Cool! Anyways, was it great then?

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:07 pm
by sinbad
I've blogged about it, you can read it there
