So I rolled an Ogre

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

Any news on the Bloodthorn Ogre? :)
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

@gLitterbug, @xavier:
Any news? :)

Sorry for bumping this topic, but I'd really like to know if we'll ever get to see this Ogre in Ogre. :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

It's still waiting to be animated, and I wanted to test some planned improvements to the tangent generation on it sometime. It's not forgotten, but isn't quite ready to be used in the skeletal animation demo just yet.
Jackstern
Gnoblar
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Jackstern »

Hi Ogre
sinbad wrote:It's still waiting to be animated, and I wanted to test some planned improvements to the tangent generation on it sometime. It's not forgotten, but isn't quite ready to be used in the skeletal animation demo just yet.
Is it yet forgotten? Would have been nicer to see this instead of the jaiqua, facial animation guy or ogre head.

Thought to report some OpenGL gfx issues while at it, though I should probably find better place for these.

Image
and some more with logs

Off to third subject: can I connect a mesh to a bone? Instead of moving it to the bone world co-ordinates, for it lags a bit behind.
Edit: dummy bone eyed me, attachObjectToBone of course :oops:

Good engine otherwise, btw, thx.
User avatar
buckED
Greenskin
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by buckED »

Wow. I love your approach to an ogre.
Original indeed.

One question though. Are you a professional/thaught artist?
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

~ Thomas Edison ~
Post Reply