Page 2 of 2
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:09 am
by mkultra333
After a lot of dead ends, mis-starts and grappling with the pickle matrix, I think I've finally got the basics of my transparency sorted. I wanted glass that had a bit of a surface to it, so that you could see light and shadow on the glass itself, and I wanted light shining through the glass to be coloured by it.
Here is my first working result.

Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:55 am
by Shockeye
mkultra333 wrote:... and grappling with the pickle matrix,
classic Frink
Nice stained glass, you could make a great cathedral scene
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:04 pm
by stephenmorphey
SPAM blah-blah-SPAM-blah SPAM
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:29 pm
by wacom
stephenmorphey wrote:
I am a student of computer engineering and in the final semester. I am currently working on a project. The project is on customer relationship management system and it is built over .NET language.
Currently I have to work on Admin side. Admin has all rights to insering, deleting or updating any data. After few days I will have to work on Client side in the project. It is my project's requirement. I am enjoying a lot in this project work.
And as a side project, you're spamming in forums?
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:34 pm
by betajaen
wacom wrote:And as a side project, you're spamming in forums?
(In before spammy post gets deleted)
I suspect spamming is his part time job to help with tuition. The local supermarket had no jobs I guess.
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm
by Kojack
All 3 of his posts are kind of on topic, so for the moment I've wiped his signature link. Let's see if he makes another post...
(all these recent camouflage spams seem to make 3 posts)
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:26 pm
by nullsquared
Kojack wrote:All 3 of his posts are kind of on topic, so for the moment I've wiped his signature link. Let's see if he makes another post...
(all these recent camouflage spams seem to make 3 posts)
Ahaha I PM'd xavier about it but I guess I'm not the only one who noticed the carefuly crafted posts

Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:32 pm
by DanielSefton
Kojack wrote:All 3 of his posts are kind of on topic, so for the moment I've wiped his signature link. Let's see if he makes another post...
Problem with that is he might return later and edit his sig again, and we'd never know. I think what they're trying to do is get their links indexed by Google - hoping that these 'intelligent' posts are forgotten about and the link remains there to be spidered.
I guess it would be interesting to see what happens.

Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:25 pm
by jacmoe
Well, if he had a signature, and it pointed to somewhere non-kosher, I get rid of him.
I killed spammer for far less - that his three first posts were in off-topic is reason enough for me!

He's gone..
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:46 am
by mkultra333
I finally got deferred shading and emissive working in my project. I would have had it sooner, but an unrelated bug in my version of GtkRadiant meant I suddenly had no custom editor. I eventually found DarkRadiant and modified that, took a while but finally back on track.
Here's a pic.
The four lights in the centre are non-shadowing deferred lights. They are rendered using bounding boxes rather than quads. The bounding box is in the world and limits the deferred light to only illuminating in the box, so I don't have to worry about them going through walls.
My system is a hybrid of deferred and forward rendering, you can see some forward rendered shadowing spotlights in the image too, on the left there's just a little of one that is passing through glass and becoming coloured by it. Alas the deferred lights don't add shine to glass at the moment although the shadowing spotlights do. I may work on that.
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:38 pm
by kierenj
I have what I think is a decent game engine in development.
By game engine I mean: it runs on a server (or anywhere else) which has a number of zones (bounded by 2d rectangles), which have 'spatial nodes' which manage objects near them. Everything is represented by an object, which may have a position (in which case it belongs to a spatial node) within the server ('domain'), and you can hook up multiple domains on the same/different machines. Communication is multithreaded, cross-domain and is done with 'queues'.
There's an elegant object system whereby you can 'connect' to an object on a remote domain and some of its properties (which you define) are automatically updated from the server and rendered by the client. There's lots more in there too, like pathfinding: all handled with events which are bounced between objects in an efficient manner before a response is sent to the desired queue on the target domain. Also has an Observer model: you can connect to a domain, update your observer position and radius, and you will automatically have local proxy objects instantiated on the client domain for whatever might be near you.
Combined with the elegance of C# through the use of a little Reflection and some good OO design, you define a base class which represents your type of object whether its local or remote, derive from it to implement server-side behaviour, and create a class which implements IRenderer to render it on the client. All in all, perfect for online multiplayer games
At the moment it's running a small demo: some 'actors' path randomly around a 16km2 world with a few thousand obstacles on the server. When a client connects, they can control up to 3 units (pathing them around), explore what there is of the world.
It's pretty cool if I do say so myself, and I post here boastfully, unashamedly. I'm very proud I've stuck with it this long (just a couple of months.. but that's good for me)..
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:22 pm
by KungFooMasta
All those claims without any screenshots?

Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:45 pm
by kierenj
Can do, only working on the client now, so as I said it's plain world (think Plane) with obstacles (think spheres) with Actors pathing around (think Robot meshes). Well see attachment anyway, a couple of days out of date.
Can do screenshots of the class hierarchy, or console output of the server,

, but most of the work is about creating an accessible, expandable virtual world. Don't know what kind of claim I made that might need something to back it up but I will be happy to oblige.. ..!
P.S. If anyone at all can help with my problem that would be great...:
http://ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52789
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:24 pm
by benn
I'm building a client/server world with qt and ogre. It downloads models via http, interpolates positional updates and is scriptable using qtscript.
Now witness the power of this fully functional battlecruiser:
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:18 am
by wacom
I'm trying to build a little game with OGRE and Bullet. It's about gravity manipulation and I started it before I knew anything about Quanta.
These are test graphics only.
Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:47 pm
by merlinblack
I'm making a very simple multi-player FPS, in the style of Doom 2 with Monty Python infulences, but actual 3d rather than 2.5d. Levels are mostly static except for doors, and lifts. Doing it as a hobby, for something to play at work during Lunch (we still play a lot of a Doom2 clone, and I've made several maps that resemble our office, and Hydro-electric plant.) Having a lot of fun doing it

, and its keeping my C++ skills alive, as being a half db admin, half DEC Unix lacky doesn't call for C++ that often
I don't have much yet, but you can run around as a Ninja or Robot so far. I'm playing around with light mapping at present.
I've also just finished as a side project, making a Lua in game console, which I've plonked in the wiki.

Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:02 pm
by Praetorian
wacom wrote:I'm trying to build a little game with OGRE and Bullet. It's about gravity manipulation and I started it before I knew anything about Quanta.

haha, looks like I have some competition!

It's a fun mechanic to mess around with, isn't it?

Re: What are you currently working on?
Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:33 am
by lonewolff
I am currently working on a mini 3D world (approx 1km x 1km). As, I haven't really finished any major projects yet.
Just the usual basic stuff, terrain, animation, etc.
If it gets far enough, I plan on using it as a basis for a networked environment.
