Brilliant, thanks! I will have a look at this after work! It's a strange one as I don't think I changed anything. Thanks for the explanation of how you got there, very useful
Thanks!
Ash
[2.1] Shadows issues after Ogre update
- AshMcConnell
- Silver Sponsor

- Posts: 605
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:44 am
- Location: Northern Ireland
- x 16
- Contact:
- TaaTT4
- OGRE Contributor

- Posts: 267
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:49 pm
- Location: Bologna, Italy
- x 75
- Contact:
Re: [2.1] Shadows issues after Ogre update
I'm pretty sure you've forgot to call setShadowFarDistance somewhere in your code.
I've had the very same issue when, during a major rebuild of our engine, I've accidentally removed that call.
@dark_sylinc
Shouldn't SceneManager::mDefaultShadowFarDist have a default value greater than 0.0?
Doing so, shadows will work in a sane way even if someone forget to invoke setShadowFarDistance.
I've had the very same issue when, during a major rebuild of our engine, I've accidentally removed that call.
@dark_sylinc
Shouldn't SceneManager::mDefaultShadowFarDist have a default value greater than 0.0?
Doing so, shadows will work in a sane way even if someone forget to invoke setShadowFarDistance.
Senior programmer at 505 Games; former senior engine programmer at Sandbox Games
Worked on: Racecraft Esport — Racecraft Coin-Op, Victory: The Age of Racing
- AshMcConnell
- Silver Sponsor

- Posts: 605
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:44 am
- Location: Northern Ireland
- x 16
- Contact:
Re: [2.1] Shadows issues after Ogre update
Thanks TaaTT4!
That's exactly what the problem was. I didn't realise it needed to be called at all. I thought it would be one of the params in the shadow node in the compositor script (I copied a default from PbsMaterials.compositor).

Thanks TaatT4 and Dark_sylinc!
That's exactly what the problem was. I didn't realise it needed to be called at all. I thought it would be one of the params in the shadow node in the compositor script (I copied a default from PbsMaterials.compositor).

Thanks TaatT4 and Dark_sylinc!