Page 11 of 11

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:13 am
by Kojack
YAY!

The screenshot page is broken, the thumbnails are fine but clicking on them gives an error (the full size images can't be found).

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:01 am
by krazyscotsman
THANK YOU!!! I've put work off on some models hoping this would be released. I'm the primary content artist for our open source project so anything that will help ( I have about 20 more high poly aircraft and countless ground vehicles to create) speed up everything is well worth the wait. Again, thank you.

Krazyscotsman

http://www.phoenixosfs.org/forum

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:09 am
by Elisor
Also getting maxscript an error on MAX 7 when starting up MAX:

-- Error occurred during fileIn in <File:C:\3dsmax7\Scripts\ogre\macros\ogreToolbar.mcr>
-- Error occurred during fileIn in <File:C:\3dsmax7\Scripts\Startup\initOgreTools.ms>
>> MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - C:\3dsmax7\Scripts\Startup\initOgreTools.ms Exception: -- Cannot assign to read-only variable: ogreMaterial <<

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 am
by Jerky
Holy crap those are some nice looking screenshots, even if they are thumbnail only. Very nice work Lioric, well done. Very skilled work indeed.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:45 am
by 2coder
Thank you, Lioric. I've waited for this toolchain since the day you've announced it.

--2coder

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:41 am
by TheGilb
Congratulations. I have been waiting a long time for this to come out. I'm sure this plugin will unleash a LOT of absolutely fantastic work, and help bring Ogre into the next-gen arena. Absolutely brilliant.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:10 pm
by CapBBeard
Excellent work! I've been following this thread with great anticipation right from the start, and the final result is more than amazing.

It's great to see the release :)

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:22 pm
by tomas33
Super-great, thanks for your hard work 8)

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:57 pm
by DrPain
First, I want to say that this looks fantastic so far. Great job.

Since your forums aren't up yet, I'll assume you would like feedback here.

I've got a vertex-animated model where the animation gets messed up just by loading the oFusion viewWindow.
It's fine when I first fire up Max, before showing the window, then as soon as I load the oFusion window, it gets messed up.

Video of the before animation:
http://www.greygames.com/Ogre/AAGun1.avi

Video of the after animation:
http://www.greygames.com/Ogre/AAGun2.avi

Keep in mind that I'm a programmer, not an artist, so it may very well be something I did or didn't do. I'm no Max expert!
I can email you the model if it would help.

[EDIT1]
Oh, and I still have Octopus installed. Could that be causing a conflict?

[EDIT2]
I uninstalled Octopus. No change, animation still messed up.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:24 pm
by Alas
I've got this in MAX7:
MAXScriptListener wrote: Welcome to MAXScript.

-- Error occurred during fileIn in <File:D:\3dsmax7\Scripts\ogre\macros\ogreToolbar.mcr>
-- Error occurred during fileIn in <File:D:\3dsmax7\Scripts\Startup\initOgreTools.ms>
>> MAXScript Auto-load Script Error - D:\3dsmax7\Scripts\Startup\initOgreTools.ms Exception: -- Cannot assign to read-only variable: ogreMaterial <<
Anyways, thanks for releasing this great tool! Hopefuly we'll fix this error though :)

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:34 pm
by Alas
Ok, the problem with MAX7 is that you must remove old exporter (Octopus or w/e) for this to work.
That error was related to my octopus exporter since files got mixed up with oFusion, it had nothing to do with oFusion itself.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:44 pm
by sinbad
There's an oFusion forum in the addons area now.

Congrats to Lioric, looks like great work.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:03 pm
by IFASS
Great work lioric, much appreciated!

@sinbad: i added an 'about' topic in the oFusion forum.. hope you don't mind?

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:50 pm
by josericardo_jr
Hi!

My congratulations for it's nice work!!!! It's great!

I have a question. Is it possible to export a .scene format? It's because I use dotSceneOctree Scene Manager and I need I .scene file to generate a .bin to use in my program.

Thanks a lot.

Ricardo

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:10 pm
by Vectrex
dotScene export would be very nice too (I also use the dotSceneOctree manager), although if the Octopus exporter can be used at the same time then there shouldn't be a reason to build it into 'o', but there might be a compatibility problem which would be good to resolve.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:23 pm
by stewypeza
Hey. This tool seems awesome.

Can someone who has this working give a description of how to set this up properly with 3dsmax (im using 7) and then how to get what has been made into an ogre program.

Im good at programming but stuff like this baffles me.

Much appreciated

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:47 pm
by Gräck
DrPain wrote:First, I want to say that this looks fantastic so far. Great job.

Since your forums aren't up yet, I'll assume you would like feedback here.

I've got a vertex-animated model where the animation gets messed up just by loading the oFusion viewWindow.
It's fine when I first fire up Max, before showing the window, then as soon as I load the oFusion window, it gets messed up.

Video of the before animation:
http://www.greygames.com/Ogre/AAGun1.avi

Video of the after animation:
http://www.greygames.com/Ogre/AAGun2.avi

Keep in mind that I'm a programmer, not an artist, so it may very well be something I did or didn't do. I'm no Max expert!
I can email you the model if it would help.

[EDIT1]
Oh, and I still have Octopus installed. Could that be causing a conflict?

[EDIT2]
I uninstalled Octopus. No change, animation still messed up.
I've already noticed this problem in the last beta test period and reported it to Lioric. I think he is still working on it but decided to release oFusion anyway. So a recent update might be possible.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:16 pm
by Falagard
Isn't the o_scene format xml? Why don't you (not Lioric) write a converter from o_scene to dotScene, converting anything that is supported by dotScene to the proper format, and discarding things that are not supported. You could even do it all in xslt.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:27 pm
by Vectrex
well as I said if the Octopus exporter and oExporter could be made to play nice together then it'd be fine. Have to test it as it seems people are having to uninstall octopus.

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:36 pm
by IFASS
looks like Lioric is updating the library, the download page says now:

"Download this file (updating...)"

Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:46 pm
by jacmoe
Great news! :D

I think we should lock this thread - and redirect to the oFusion thread :wink: