Page 11 of 17

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [Triplanar Shader 25.09.11

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:29 pm
by madjan06
Nice Editor, very cool and easy to use for me, can't wait for an update :)

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [Triplanar Shader 25.09.11

Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 pm
by milamber08
Hi All,
Nauk and Beauty - thanks for the comments re my earlier post (I have been away for some time so I didn't see them until today).
Also great news about the next update Nauk, I am looking forward to trying it out when it is released. I do have another question or two - is there a way of changing the keyboard shortcuts from their defaults? I have had a look however I didn't find anything in the menu's or in the config files (unless I missed it somehow). If this isn't possible yet would you be able to add that ability?

Regards,
milamber08

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [Triplanar Shader 25.09.11

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:20 pm
by Nauk
No sorry there is no way to do it at the moment, but a good idea, I'll look into it :)

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [Triplanar Shader 25.09.11

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:37 pm
by amigoface
hi,

any plans to add terrain paging support for very large worlds ?

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [Triplanar Shader 25.09.11

Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:52 pm
by Nauk
Looking into it right now since I need it for my own project too, not sure what tech yet, evaluating still, but I will definately provide a loader for vanilla ogre 1.7 terrain.

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [Triplanar Shader 25.09.11

Posted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:00 am
by milamber08
Hi All,
Thanks Nauk for clarifying that for me, I appreciate it. The main keys that I wanted to change were the A/D binding to turn left/right - they should be set to strafe left/right like in most first person shooters (I think Ogitor uses that system as well). If I may go so far as to suggest a default layout for the view keys, I would have WASD set as per first person shooter standard and then have the arrow keys bound as look up/down, turn left/right as this would (to me anyway) be more useful. This is just my opinion of course so you should probably take it with a grain of salt :) .

Regards,
milamber08

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [Triplanar Shader 25.09.11

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:26 am
by madjan06
Hey Nauk, are there any palns when you will release a new version of the editor. I spent the last days with playing around with it and the results looked pretty good. Nice work^^

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [Triplanar Shader 25.09.11

Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:13 pm
by Nauk
This weekend :)

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [Triplanar Shader 25.09.11

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:18 pm
by Beauty
Nauk, I'm very happy that you continue the development of your great editor.
Especially nice is to hear that you want to add support for the new Ogre Terrain Component.

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:53 am
by Nauk
Thanks Beauty :)

Quick & dirty update to 0.90 RC3:
Click to download the RC3 update here.

- Grass saving enabled for everyone (was donators bonus previously)
- Triplanar splatting shader

Enjoy! :)

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:15 pm
by madjan06
Thanks for the update, but I can not get it working, everytime I start I get an error:
Image

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:59 pm
by Nauk
could be a runtime problem, I only tested it on one machine. What system are you running? Meanwhile you could try installing either http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=3387 or http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... px?id=5638

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:11 pm
by madjan06
I will try, currently I'm running win 7 prof 64 bit, maybe that could be the problem :wink:

edit: I tried both links and everytime the same, your last version worked perfect only the new one makes problems

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:38 pm
by Nauk
Odd really, I compiled it on Win7 Ultimate 64, so basically same thing, I just tested it on my old XP machine too, no problems... anyway, I try to work it out somehow, maybe i recompile it on the XP system where I made the last one.

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:14 am
by Nauk
Here is another one, according to that thread http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 5&start=75:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... n&id=14431 VC++ 2005 SP1 redist with ATL security patch.

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:22 pm
by madjan06
Nauk wrote:Here is another one, according to that thread http://www.ogre3d.org/forums/viewtopic. ... 5&start=75:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/de ... n&id=14431 VC++ 2005 SP1 redist with ATL security patch.
Hey, I also tried this, but also the same result. I hope you could fix it :wink:

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:48 pm
by Nauk
Ok recompile it is.

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:44 pm
by madjan06
Nauk wrote:Ok recompile it is.
Ok, tonight I will test it again on another system, maybe it will work on my notebook^^

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:59 pm
by madjan06
Do you have a link to the recomplied version?? I couldn't test it on my notebook, I had no time :(

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 am
by Nauk
Sent you a PM with the link, hope that will fix the problem.

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:10 pm
by madjan06
Hey Nauk,
I started testing the version you gave me and I have found the first little bug, when I press the maximize button of the window I don't see the cursor anymore. When I resize the window manually everything is fine :D

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 pm
by Nauk
That is an old Navi bug, if you right click over a gui element it will re-appear, but thanks for notifying :)

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:43 pm
by Nauk
Nauk wrote:Sent you a PM with the link, hope that will fix the problem.
Ok confirmed, the side-by-side error was gone after a recompile on win XP with the very same setup - very odd but, oh well ...

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:50 pm
by madjan06
Nauk wrote:That is an old Navi bug, if you right click over a gui element it will re-appear, but thanks for notifying :)
Ok, if you know it than it's no problem, that was the only thing I have found until know, all other things work very well^^
It is much easier to use as some commercial terrain editor I tried, I think for my next project I'm going to use your editor, it has all features I need and the gras painting is very nice^^

Re: ArtifexTerra - Terrain editor [0.90 RC3b - 05.10.2011]

Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:24 pm
by Beauty
Even I never used Artifex Terra, I like it very much.
Now grabbed several screenshots of it from the web, choosed 14 pictures of it and included it to the Artifex Terra wiki page.
It took about one hour (I don't believe it myself), but now the wiki page looks more sweet and hopefully is a better advertisement for this editor now. :P

http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Artifex+Terra