Page 14 of 14

Re: OpenGL 3+ RenderSystem

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:35 pm
by Crashy
Unfortunately I'm not using 2.1 but 2.0, so no PBS Sample right here, however I've custom made PBS shaders using old material system, and it works fine on the intel HD now, as every other shader (HBAO and a LOT of stuff like this).

Re: OpenGL 3+ RenderSystem

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:45 am
by frostbyte
thought you guys were speaking of the default branch GL3+
guess its time to give the refurbished GL/GL+ in the default branch a try...
i'm starting to understand paroj rants about the lack of making good use of the branching concept in ogre development.
so many versions and branches being used and developed at the same time, makes the work harder.
its a bit of a "beautiful mess"... :)

Re: OpenGL 3+ RenderSystem

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:35 am
by paroj
Crashy wrote:Unfortunately I'm not using 2.1 but 2.0, so no PBS Sample right here, however I've custom made PBS shaders using old material system, and it works fine on the intel HD now, as every other shader (HBAO and a LOT of stuff like this).
there is an HLMS/ PBS sample in default as well ;)

Re: OpenGL 3+ RenderSystem

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:26 am
by Crashy
Yeah I forgot about that, too bad the 2.0 branch is the "poor cousin" right now for some features, as the hlms is not fully implemented in it.

BTW, I've integrated the state cache manager of other gl render system in the GL3+ one, I'm not quite sure it improved performances at all as I'm working on simple scenes, but if you think it's worth it I can make a pull request. :)

Re: OpenGL 3+ RenderSystem

Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:30 pm
by paroj
sure, but wait a little with this - I will do some optimizations to the StateCacheManager design so it becomes a zero-const abstraction. Currently the NullStateCacheManager degrades the performance a little which is not necessary.

Re: OpenGL 3+ RenderSystem

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:50 pm
by paroj
you can take a look on the latest default/ master for the StateCache simplifications. If you have the choice, make the PR on github so the CI check it before merging.

Re: OpenGL 3+ RenderSystem

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:17 am
by Crashy
Thanks I'll take a look at it.