Page 1 of 1

Stencil Shadow graphics error

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:54 pm
by alelink
Hi to all,
I've this problem when enable stencil shadow modulative or additive,
please see the image.

Image

I've enabled debug information...
How can I solve this errors?

I've exported the building model both from maya6.5 and blender...
but the result are the same.

thanks

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:08 pm
by Robomaniac
Disable debug information, it looks like its rendering the shadow volumes which would classify as debug info

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:24 pm
by alelink
Hello Robomaniac,
I haven't understand...
I show the debug infos to render more visible the shadow's errors.

I must post a pics without the debug infos?


thanks

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:30 am
by monster
I think you probably need to explain in a bit more detail what the errors are. And, yeah, post some pictures with debugging off, I can't tell whether there are errors in that image or it just looks weird 'cos of the debugging!

Any errors are probably down to your mesh not being compatible with stencil shadows. It used to have to be manifold, that's no longer strictly true. But it's still got to be more or less manifold, i think.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:30 am
by qsilver
To the original poster: what video card do you have? It's not by any chance an ATI card, is it? Do you have the latest drivers?

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:14 am
by Kencho
The error he is getting is the same that happened with non-manifolded meshes.

Which OGRE version are you using?

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:36 am
by alelink
Helo to all!

1)I've tryed the shadow on a ATI igp340 64mb and on a GeForceFX 5200 128mb, and the result are the same.

2)I'm on Ogre 1.0

3)this a picture with debug infos turned off:
Image

In maya I've cleanup my mesh, and it don't find non-manifolded parts.

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:40 am
by Kencho
Since OGRE 1.0 non-manifolded meshes shouldn't be a problem. Maybe it's an exporting problem :?

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:59 am
by monster
IIRC They don't have to be completely manifold, but they still have to be more or less manifold. I think the shadow building stuff needs to be able to work out the silhouette or something. It's still possible to create meshes that break the stencil shadows if you try hard. Take a look at the helicopter that's in the OgreOde demos for another example!

Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:28 am
by alelink
Hi to all,
thanks for the reply,
I've tryed with other mesh of mine, and I've no problem...

The previus building mesh have some stranges in it...


Thanks again
alelink