Page 1 of 1

Gamespace Exporter?

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:57 pm
by DrEvil
Anyone know if there is a Gamespace exporter to export to the Ogre format or one in the works?

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:57 pm
by Kentamanos
I've seen some talk about Truespace exporters... Do they use the same exporters?

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:48 pm
by DrEvil
I don't know. I just noticed that Milkshape imports .x files nicely so I can use it as a middle-man.

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:08 am
by computerwhiz
Hey...I happen to be the maintainer of the Truespace to Ogre exporter...I'm thinking that you may be able to use a Truespace exporter in Gamespace....not 100% sure though. It looks like they both use a .tsx file. Probably wouldn't hurt to give it a try....worse case scenario....reload Gamespace.

By the way...the plugin is beta code, and has quite a few glitches still (it converts all face normals to vertex normals....which looses phong shading...and there's gaps in the object.) So don't blame me if your computer crashes...I'm pretty sure it won't though. :shock: lol

<EDIT>

When compiling the plugin, try compiling it with Gamespace's SDK, which looks 100% like Truespace's. Just follow the instructions in my readme, but place the GS SDK folders into the project, instead of the TS SDK files.

If you go to the Gamespace web site, go to the Download link, and select SDK. Then, select the SDK for your version. It may work...it may not. Personally, I use Truespace 5.2, so I don't know if the GS libraries will work or not.

Oh, and the plugin is in the Ogre CVS under ogreaddons.

</EDIT>