Page 1 of 1
SoftImage XSi Exporter Utilization Assistance
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:14 pm
by Bigheadjack
Is there a wiki or tutorial on the use of this exporter. It comes with instructions, however, I find them incomplete and not addressing why my models are not exporting properly. I can export the .mesh but not the model. Not sure if an animation is required or skeleton or what.
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:43 pm
by sinbad
What do you mean you can't export the 'model'? If you mean the XSI concept of model then bear in mind we don't support instances in the exporter (since that's more of a scene exporter job). That's why the exporter targets PolygonMesh objects.
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:00 pm
by Bigheadjack
Is it then that the .mesh file is all I need to reference for my entity that I give a unique name to? I do not need a skeleton unless I am importing animation with my model?
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:08 pm
by sinbad
Correct, non-animated meshes don't need a .skeleton. The exporter will disable the whole animation tab if it doesn't find a skeleton in fact.
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:26 pm
by Bigheadjack
I can now bring my model over. Why is the material (skin) coming with it?
Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:01 pm
by sinbad
You'll have to explain what you mean - what do you mean 'coming with it'?. Do you mean it's exporting a .material file? You can turn that off on the second tab of the exporter if you want.
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:29 am
by Bigheadjack
Sorry typo. The material is not coming with it.
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:00 pm
by sinbad
Only 'Real Time' XSI shaders are supported. Create them in the shader editor, use the real-time options like the GL and DirectX shaders only. Read OGREXSI_Readme.html for tips.