Page 1 of 1

ZBrush Ogre Mesh Test

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:41 am
by Jerky
Just thought I might do something to contribute to Ogre, maybe for a demo or something. Did this first to test the import script, but figured I would do some practice. Here is the mesh, pre-texturing. Should be able to get a nice parallax map from this guy.
Image
I will post again when I make an acceptable texture.

Any requests that you would like to see Ogre have?

Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:02 am
by Robomaniac
Sweet Mother of Mary that looks good :)

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:50 am
by Jerky
Maybe this post will get a response :P?
Here he is again in ZBrush with a texture:
Image
Rendered in Blender with diffuse, normal, specular, displacement maps here:
Image
And finally, exported to Ogre and used in the demos after some rewriting of material scripts, this is the offsetmapped version:
Image
And the normal mapped version:
Image

Really nice work

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:21 am
by Lee04
Hi I must say you are very good..

Lee04

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:10 pm
by sinbad
Heh, looking good, I must have missed this the first time around :)

The only thing I'm not so keen on are the eyes, they're a little overbright I think.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:05 pm
by MrPotatoes
minus the eyes thats pretty kick ass!!! :D

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:56 pm
by Jerky
Thanks, it really is just the tools. ZBrush makes it seem like I am good, but it is all ZBrush.

What color do you think would be good for the eyes?

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:58 pm
by MrPotatoes
olive of sorts and you gotta dull it out. put a gloss onto the eyes.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:02 pm
by Chris Jones
i must have missed this the first time around too, i swear this forum doesnt always show every single new post etc as not read :S oh well..

make the eyes shiny and dark and evil looking :twisted:

the model looks great tho!

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:50 pm
by Jerky
K, how bout this:
Image

The screenshot was tricky to get :P. But getting results was much better (don't have to hack one of the demos anymore!). Too bad I cant zoom in though.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:35 pm
by Sunjit
Hey Jerky!

All I have to say to those renders is "wow". I mean, look at the detail on the skin. Are you using bump map for the textures?