blender dotscene exporter: lamp range problem

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
User avatar
sphinkie
Greenskin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:08 am
Location: Paris
x 1
Contact:

blender dotscene exporter: lamp range problem

Post by sphinkie »

Hi

When I create a point lamp in blender and export it in a dotscene, (using the dotscene exporter) the range of the lamp on the dotscene is always 5000 whatever I set in the blender editor.

Is that a bug of the exporter, or am I not setting the right parameter ?

thanks.

(note: I am using the last version of everything: bleder 2.40; exporter from the cvs, etc)
reimpell
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:35 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: blender dotscene exporter: lamp range problem

Post by reimpell »

sphinkie wrote:When I create a point lamp in blender and export it in a dotscene, (using the dotscene exporter) the range of the lamp on the dotscene is always 5000 whatever I set in the blender editor.
Blender does not have a range setting for "Lamp" lamps, so the exporter uses the Ogre default. Don't confuse "Dist" with a clipping value.
User avatar
sphinkie
Greenskin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:08 am
Location: Paris
x 1
Contact:

Post by sphinkie »

Yes, dist, this is defined by blender as the distance value at which light intensity is half.

This is not *exactly* the definition of the range in the light attenuation equation, but close, and it could be useful to use it ?
reimpell
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:35 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by reimpell »

Attenuation and clipping are completely unrelated concepts.
User avatar
sphinkie
Greenskin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:08 am
Location: Paris
x 1
Contact:

Post by sphinkie »

So, I guess I have to use a userdata to put light range information in the dotscene file.
Post Reply