export a simple 3ds max animation?

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
User avatar
yuriythebest
Orc
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:44 am
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contact:

export a simple 3ds max animation?

Post by yuriythebest »

I have a 3ds max animation (not a skin, just a simple object moving), I have 3ds max 7,8 maya and lightwave. How do I export that animation to ogre? I installed the max to xml converter in max 7 and it works, and the xml to mesh tool also works. please help me.
User avatar
xavier
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:03 am
Location: Dublin, CA, US
x 22

Post by xavier »

If by "not a skin" you mean "not skeletal animation" and "is vertex/pose animation", you have to have the latest unstabe version of Ogre called "Dagon". You get this from CVS.

The current stable version (1.0.6) does not have vertex animation, and whether the Max exporter gets updated to handle is unknown, since no one is maintaining it.
RoshanX
Gnoblar
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:32 pm
Location: Sri Lanka

Dragon url

Post by RoshanX »

Hi

Can you send that dragon cvs url

thanks
Post Reply