XSI animation export: newbie question
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:32 pm
Hi!
I'm trying to use XSI 5.0 to create models and animations for OGRE and I am really a beginner in modelling.
The first thing I did is to add the "primitive" soccer ball included in XSI. I then exported it as a .mesh file using the ogre XSI exporter. Using CEGUI Mesh viewer, I managed to display the model properly. At this point, I keep it simple, I'm not even using materials.
Then, in XSI, I made a simple keyframed animation (3 keys). I translated the soccer ball on the Y axis up some and then back down for a really simple animation. This is where I get stuck. I never get the "animation" tab of the ogre exporter to activate. I tried Animate->Action->Store in XSI, but I don't really know what option to choose. Regardeless of the option selected, I get a "Mixer" branch in my XSI scene explorer but I still can't export the animation to OGRE.
Am I doing something wrong here? Could someone give me clear steps on how to export simple animations like a spinning ball or something like that?
Thanks for the help!
Fred.
I'm trying to use XSI 5.0 to create models and animations for OGRE and I am really a beginner in modelling.
The first thing I did is to add the "primitive" soccer ball included in XSI. I then exported it as a .mesh file using the ogre XSI exporter. Using CEGUI Mesh viewer, I managed to display the model properly. At this point, I keep it simple, I'm not even using materials.
Then, in XSI, I made a simple keyframed animation (3 keys). I translated the soccer ball on the Y axis up some and then back down for a really simple animation. This is where I get stuck. I never get the "animation" tab of the ogre exporter to activate. I tried Animate->Action->Store in XSI, but I don't really know what option to choose. Regardeless of the option selected, I get a "Mixer" branch in my XSI scene explorer but I still can't export the animation to OGRE.
Am I doing something wrong here? Could someone give me clear steps on how to export simple animations like a spinning ball or something like that?
Thanks for the help!
Fred.