Page 1 of 1
Need a Vertex Animated Model pls
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:51 pm
by Adrian23
Hi,
I saw the new example in Dagon with vertex animation.
Can anyone upload an model that works in ogre3d. Pls........
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:54 pm
by jacmoe
Well, I might be totally off: but the Quake MD2 is vertex animated meshes, right?
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:13 pm
by Adrian23
yes i heard that MD2 is based on vertex animation but i use blender3d and the MD2 is very bad

Re: Need a Vertex Animated Model pls
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:16 pm
by xavier
Adrian23 wrote:Hi,
I saw the new example in Dagon with vertex animation.
Can anyone upload an model that works in ogre3d. Pls........
Well..what about the one in the demo?
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:23 pm
by Adrian23
I did not know that the dotmesh files can be imported in blender only the dotmeshdotxml files.
than

ks
<edit>
But does not import the animation, only the model...
</edit>
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:27 pm
by xavier
Do you have the latest Blender importer/exporter? I do not know if reimpell implemented vertex animation import yet, but he says it's working for export.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:50 pm
by reimpell
xavier wrote:I do not know if reimpell implemented vertex animation import yet, but he says it's working for export.
Both, pose and morph animation export, are fully functional in
this exporter. I had no problems importing a MD2 model into Blender and exporting it to Ogre.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:51 pm
by jacmoe
Is 'this exporter' same as the one in Ogre HEAD?
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:09 pm
by reimpell
jacmoe wrote:Is 'this exporter' same as the one in Ogre HEAD?
No, it will replace Ogre HEAD when armature animation support is finished.
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:15 pm
by jacmoe
This is awesome! And haffax just improved the importer script.
Blender support in Ogre is getting better and better!

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:20 pm
by Adrian23
Oky.
So the best think to do is to wait for dagon release.
Another question:
When the Dagon will be release?
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:22 pm
by jacmoe
It is in the CVS right now. Fairly stable.
And it will be released when it will be released.

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:30 pm
by Adrian23
Good to know.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:14 pm
by Adrian23
The mesh exporter for Blender3d suports vertex animation?
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:08 pm
by jacmoe
Adrian23: Read up a couple posts.. and you shall find a link to a Blender exporter which works..