3DS Animation Export - Some Help needed ... again.

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
Yupa
Halfling
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:28 am

3DS Animation Export - Some Help needed ... again.

Post by Yupa »

Hello,

I'm using 3DS7 and OgreExporter to export my mesh. The material and mesh are fine, but I have much more trouble exporting my animation. After reading all I could read about exporting this morning, I did not manage to export more than the first frame of my animation.

More explanations :

I have the mesh in a standard pose at the first frame.
At frame 10, my "Run" animation begins, and finishes at frame 36.
I have my mesh, a physique modifier, and I'm not using IK.
When I'm exporting (I tested every single parameter :(), I'm setting the frames ("Run"-> frames 10 to 36, Length 1 second approx.).
The export itself has no errors whatsoever, but when I'm playing the animation in Ogre, only the first frame is displayed, the mesh beeing stalled in the first frame pose of the "Run" animation.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks alot :)

edit: Just checked the XML, and the animation seems to be exported. But when I'm playing it, there's only the first frame. The code has been tested with the robot mesh and the animations plays, but the same code does not work with my exported animation.
Yupa
Halfling
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:28 am

Post by Yupa »

After copying pose at each frame and setting everything right, I finally managed to have the animation exported ine the afternoon ;)

However, a last problem : the animation plays well in the cegui mesh viewer (Idle and Run anims), but when using the advanced tutorial code, it seems the animations are broken : the idle is ok at the beginning, but the run animation is not the right one. It becomes slow, and the arms and legs are moving like there was an interpolation between idle and run animations.

Any clue ?

Thanks :)
Yupa
Halfling
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:28 am

Post by Yupa »

Another update as I continue to struggle against the evil forces of animation :

-When I'm playing the animations in the ogre mesh viewer, it's allright
-When I'm adding the two animations in the_cX's viewer (great work ;)), the animation is fucked up like in my program.
-Even by only mentionning the "Run" animation in my code, the animation is the interpolation of the idle and run one.

10h is too much on the same animation issue :p
If someone has a clue ...

Thanks !
Post Reply