Exporting reflective materials from Blender to Ogre

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
User avatar
foxmulder900
Halfling
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:40 pm
Location: Portsmouth, OH

Exporting reflective materials from Blender to Ogre

Post by foxmulder900 »

The project I am working on includes a brass sphere that is very shiny and reflects it's surrounding almost like a mirror. I created a very nice material for it in blender by turning up the RayMirror. The blenderRender looks perfect. However when I export it to a mesh and import it into Ogre i lose all of my reflection value and the sphere looks very flat.

I am looking for any suggestions! Thanks!
User avatar
Jerky
Orc Shaman
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Springville, Utah
Contact:

Post by Jerky »

It is possible, but you need a shader to do this. Check the forums for nfz's shader viewer for some examples (I cant remember what it is called). I believe you can get an idea from the main Ogre examples as well. I have a copy of nfz's tool; if you cant find it I will host it somewhere for you. I am not sure if nfz has all his hosting/website issues worked out yet.
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
My Blog
Project Wish
Image
Post Reply