weird crash because of multiple animations

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
jelle
Halfling
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:42 pm

weird crash because of multiple animations

Post by jelle »

hellow,

earlier I made a character that jumps, when the user gives an input signal.
i made the character and biped animation in 3d max 5.1, and used ofusion to export it.

this worked fine.

now i wanted to add an "idle" animation to my character.
in the same max-file, I animated this "idle"-animation in the the same timeline as my jumping, right after the jumping has ended.
the jumping goes from frame 0-25
the idle goes from 25-65

again I exported it with ofusion, and in the export dialog I specified the second animation, and made it looping.

when i try it out in ogre, the character starts with a jump (it always starts with a jump) but then my application hangs (where it should normally play the idle animation). I thought there might be a problem in my code, but when I test it with the robot.mesh (which also has a walk and an idle animation) it works fine.

could i have forgotten something or done something wrong in the exporting? its's strange that my jumping animation works.

note: my screen freezes, i cant look or move around anymore, but i can just exit my program the normal way by means of the escape button.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

It's difficult to know what this is if it's sensitive to your mesh. Please post teh mesh & skeleton and the code you're using.
Post Reply