XSI Exporter - Bump mapping and multiple uv coords

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
Priate_Tobey
Gnoblar
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:00 pm

XSI Exporter - Bump mapping and multiple uv coords

Post by Priate_Tobey »

Me again ;-)

I am exporting an object out of XSI and experience some strange results.
If the model has only one uv coord set, everything is fine.

But with two, the result is weird, altough the second uv is not used in the shader (it just is in xsi, and therefore in the vertex data, I assume)
I guess it has something to do with the tangents..?!

Image
1 UV coordinate set

Image
2 UV coordinate sets

Another question, switching on and off tangent export in the XSI Exporter has no effect on the result. Is it possible, that they have tangents anyway?

Thanks again
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

Are you using the example bump mapping shader? The shader is specifically written for the UV layout of the media it's designed for, varying the UV sets will throw out the shader bindings. You'd have to change the shader to pick up the right components from the right place.
Priate_Tobey
Gnoblar
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:00 pm

Post by Priate_Tobey »

Yes, I did. I missed, that I have to adapt the TEXCOOORDs in the shader. I somehow confused it with the texcoord_set in the shader...
Now it works :-)
Post Reply