Bevel filter on Ogre Head

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
Bevelisimo
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:42 pm

Bevel filter on Ogre Head

Post by Bevelisimo »

joi
Gnome
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:11 pm
Location: brazil

Post by joi »

I liked the style, just think its too dark. :wink:
maya 7.0, vs 2005, ogre 1.2
User avatar
Chris Jones
Lich
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:11 pm
Location: Gosport, South England
x 1

Post by Chris Jones »

i like the style, and yea its a bit too dark, but i dont think they beat the ogre logo, IMO
Max.Power
Halfling
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:12 pm
Contact:

Post by Max.Power »

I agree. There is too much contrast there... and the one with ogres on both sides of the lettering looks weird because they are mirror images, and therefore the lightsourcing between the two of them is wrong.

That said, if you find some way to get rid of those very black shadows, I think the result would be quite interesting to look at.
Bevelisimo
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:42 pm

Post by Bevelisimo »

:roll: hehe

This one better ?

-brighter green
-more speckels skin
-changed sharpnes

overall it is now more comic style

- yes I think I can do something about the black stuff......will have to work more on it. But I have to say I am a bloody amateur and it is getting more and more difficult.....so dont expect to much.

Image

Image


Okay thats it for the moment, I fear for more high quality stuff one has to repaint the whole thing and start with a bigger size this one is to small for the many small things to change.

Image

If someone wants to improve this stuff your welcome
User avatar
SunSailor
Gnoll
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:45 pm
Location: Velbert, Germany
x 2
Contact:

Post by SunSailor »

No, not really. I think they are much too overstyled. Bevels are out ;-)
User avatar
Chris Jones
Lich
Posts: 1742
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:11 pm
Location: Gosport, South England
x 1

Post by Chris Jones »

yea i agree, sorry!
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

Thanks, but the logo we use is deliberately stylised to contain a small number of colours with relatively simple shapes. I think logos stand out better that way.
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

The source for the logo - IIRC - is actually a SVG (vector graphics).
That means that we can make Ogre logos in any size, crystal clear.
I think :wumpus: did the SVG? :)

So, it makes little sense to try an turn the vector image into a pixel image. :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Bevelisimo
Gnoblar
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:42 pm

Post by Bevelisimo »

Unfortunately you are right......all of you............I was a little bit too optimistic. So lets forget about this.......... :oops: and pretend that it never happend :D
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

Well, the OGRE is flattered! He likes attention - and understand your enthusiasm. :D
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Post Reply