Page 1 of 1

Full (blender, Max, Maya) animations in ogre?

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:04 am
by AzraelK
Has anyone tried to export and PLAY a full animation from Blender (max, maya) to ogre? an animated scene exporter?

This is a technique, that is used to create short demos and the like (as well as intro and cut scenes ) Im playing with the idea of creating one, but im not sure where to start.

Any info would be apreciated.

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:11 am
by xavier
What is a "full" animation? Be more specific.

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:54 am
by SunSailor
Think he means to export a full animated scene, where everything is steered by the anmiation, not the player. No, I don't think this is possible at the moment with any toolchain around ogre, except something written by yourself. Actually, I think it has been done in any way in Ankh, maybe they will share how it was done with us...

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:04 pm
by AzraelK
Yes that what I meant, instead of exporting an actor and its movement, you save all the models in the scene their animations and the camera movement, play that inside the engine And presto! instant Cinematic, by modifying some values in the models, you can even integrate some particle systems, materials and other effects...

Hmm.. I wonder if oFusion could be modified to do that?

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:03 pm
by danharibo
woundlt it be easyer to make a movie?

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:53 pm
by Lioric
oFusion dont need to be modified to do that, this "Cut-Scene" animation feature is supported and you can control in your application if you want to play the full cut-scene animation or just parts of it

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:27 pm
by AzraelK
Thanks! thats all I needed to know. ;)

BTW. is the code for ofusion available? Maybe I could port this to blender for those who dont have ($$$) max.

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:56 am
by IoN_PuLse
Chances are even if the source code was available, it would be of no use to you. Blender uses python for it's scripting system, and has it's own API that you use with python that I'm sure is COMPLETELY different than 3dsmax. Also 3dsmax plugins are probably C or C++.

You would be far better off extending the existing mesh and .scene exporters that exist for Blender right now. Even then, it is not a trival task.

Not trying to discourage just wanting to mention some realities...