Page 1 of 1

Integrating Ogre 3D & Eclipse

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:20 pm
by lsmoura
Hello, everyone!
I just made a plugin to help everyone to setup the Ogre3D SDK with Eclipse without having to compile the SDK (yeah, I'm lazy!)... Can I post it somewhere with the instructions?

//Edit
Forgot to mention... It's for windows and eclipse 3.1.2

Regards,
- Luis Sergio

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:14 pm
by steven
Wow nice.

For the documentation you can easily create a wiki page for it.

For the plugin itself, IMO, I found that this is so useful that it could be promoted to an official addons:
http://www.ogre3d.org/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=70

But I can't make the decision for this ;)

Eclipse Support for OgreSDK Plugin Is done

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:27 pm
by lsmoura
Hello, everyone...

Could someone take a look? Feedback is appreciated:

Here's the link http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Ec ... gW_STLPort

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:14 pm
by jomunoz
does eclipse provide code completion for this plugin??

Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:48 pm
by lsmoura
No... At least not yet... I just got tired to configure every project on eclipse... And I created a plugin to avoid that... Just a one-time-configuration per workspace.

I will try to learn how eclipse creates code completion on 3rd party projects and implement it too (or how to configure).

Regards,
- Luis Sergio

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:11 pm
by food.poison
i've read your wiki and it was quite helpful, thanks for making it

but i've got this problem, it's seem like such a newbie question that it might not even have anything to do with using Ogre in Eclipse

i setup everything like you mentioned in the wiki, but when i tried to do some compiling, i get:

Code: Select all

Building file: ../main.cpp
Invoking: GCC C++ Compiler
g++ -D_STLP_USE_DYNAMIC_LIB -D_STLP_NO_CUSTOM_IO -DWIN32 -DNDEBUG -D_WINDOWS -ID:/Dependencies/OgreSDK/include -ID:/Dependencies/OgreSDK/stlport/stlport -O3 -Wall -c -mthreads -fmessage-length=0 -fexceptions -fident -s -omain.o ../main.cpp
Finished building: ../main.cpp
 
Building target: OgreTest2.exe
Invoking: GCC C++ Linker
g++ -LD:/Dependencies/OgreSDK/stlport/lib -LD:/Dependencies/OgreSDK/bin/release -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias -oOgreTest2.exe ./main.o -lstlport.5.0.dll -lOgreMain
d:\MinGW\bin\..\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5\..\..\..\..\mingw32\bin\ld.exe: cannot find -lstlport.5.0.dll
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [OgreTest2.exe] Error 1
i've looked everywhere for the file stlport.5.0.dll, but the only one inside path_to_OgreSDK\bin\release is called libstlport.5.0.dll...

I've tried renaming that to stlport.5.0.dll and it didn't work, try placing that file at various places that the computer should recognise it didn't work either, always the same message...

what do you think the problem is?

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:21 pm
by nfz
If using Ogre 1.2RC2 SDK then link against stlport.5.0 instead of stlport.5.0.dll. This is because import libs for STLPort were removed and linking occurse directly against the dll.

So build command should be:

Code: Select all

g++ -LD:/Dependencies/OgreSDK/bin/release -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base -Wl,--add-stdcall-alias -oOgreTest2.exe ./main.o -lOgreMain -lstlport.5.0

Note that stlport.5.0 must be the last link too.

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 4:08 am
by food.poison
Aha! That works, thanks alot nfz!

perhaps lsmoura can get around to updating this in the Eclipse plug-in?