Page 1 of 1

Max Export

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:40 pm
by vetts
Hello! I am importing some meshes that a friend is doing in 3ds max. We are having a small issue with frame rates since we added boned and animation and we think it could be the way the mesh is being exported. Now, I'm not familiar with the export software but he thinks it may be due to the settings Sample Rate and IK sample Rate in the animation section of the export options ( He sent me his guess as an image so I have attached a link) anyone have any ideas what these two modifiers do?

Thanx in advance:-)

Image

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:57 am
by Corben
When I use the exporter I never touch that parameters... Instead I set the duration in seconds in the Animations section!
Did you remember to "cook" the animation putting a keyframe for each frame?

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:06 pm
by vetts
I will find out:-)

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:29 pm
by vetts
Ok... we tried with "baking" the animation and it still chugs like crazy, and that's without the animation playing at all. Any other ideas? I tried e-mailing you as well, hope you don't mind.