Page 1 of 1

Big Problem with Blender for Mesh convert

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:44 pm
by calimax
My problem is that I want to use Blender for modelling butI don't manage to convert my mesh in format .mesh
I have seen that I must use OgreXMLconvert but I can't found it ...
And for exportinf files ine xml format I have downloaded the mesh exporter but it says : " can't import pickle module"

:? :? :?

I hope that you could help me :D

Posted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:41 pm
by jacmoe
If you haven't got OGRE compiled and ready, you need to download the command line tools, which includes the XmlConverter.
Do edit the python script to point to whereever you install the tools.

The Pickle module is from the standard Python library, not the internal Blender mini-Python:
Install Python 2.4 - and provide an environment variable called PYTHON_HOME, pointing to the newly created python directory.

:wink:

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:16 am
by calimax
Thanks a lot it seems to work :D but I've only managed to export a cube how can I do to export my models ?? :roll:

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:58 am
by danharibo
does the file say cube or is the model a cube?

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 12:44 pm
by jacmoe
This is not a problem: just model your models, select them and export. :wink:

There are instructions in the readme.html with the Blender exporter, and guidance in the OGRE Wiki.

If you want to learn how to use Blender for OGRE modeling, consider the Dungeon Hack Tutorials.
(You'll be able to find the topic by browsing the A&C Forum). :wink:

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 1:21 pm
by calimax
In fact when I want to choose in the panel of the xmlexporter I can only choose "cube" I click to update but nothing happen

Finally I've managed to view my model in ogre but it is very low quality , there is aliasing and it doesn't look 3D

Thanks for the tuts I will try I hope it isn't too difficult because for the moment I begin to try to use ogre all is difficult :? ...

SDL was so simple why don't he makes 3D :lol:

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:41 pm
by reimpell
calimax wrote:In fact when I want to choose in the panel of the xmlexporter I can only choose "cube"
That panel only let you choose objects that are selected in the 3D View to set the animation export options for that object. All objects that are selected in Blender's 3D View get exported.

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:00 pm
by calimax
Ok thanks you're right :wink: now I've again two other problems :roll: (my problems have no end :lol: )...

I've read the readme and another tutorial but I don't manage to make an animation with my mesh ... I export my mesh in the xml format and a squeleton file but it doesn't seems to work when I put these 2 elements on the ogrxmlconverter ...;

Problem number 2 :lol: I don't manage to add textures to my meshes, I think I must use material files but I don't manage to export material files in blender because I can't select it :?

Thanks for helping me and I hope that I am not too boring :oops: with my problems...

Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:24 pm
by jacmoe
Read this. :wink: