Mesh poses tear after being exported from XSI.
Posted: Sun May 07, 2006 5:55 pm
I have exported a simple shape (sphere) with 3 poses created in the shape manager. The poses are one neutral(does nothing to the shape), one which approximates the sphere looking like a blood cell and the last which makes it look stretched like an egg shape. This is just a test exercise before I work on a face model.
I get it working in a test application and it runs through the poses in a looped linear fashion and I can use some CEGUI scrollbars to activate them manually and blend them (after I stop the animation loop), but in both cases the mesh seems to tear itself as it's animating/being blended from one pose to another. Only the original shape looks like it should (the sphere). The blending doesn't look like it did when I played around in the XSI shape manager where all poses would blend smoothly. Is there something I should be doing to the mesh before I export it?.
Any help is much appreciated.
Rich.
I get it working in a test application and it runs through the poses in a looped linear fashion and I can use some CEGUI scrollbars to activate them manually and blend them (after I stop the animation loop), but in both cases the mesh seems to tear itself as it's animating/being blended from one pose to another. Only the original shape looks like it should (the sphere). The blending doesn't look like it did when I played around in the XSI shape manager where all poses would blend smoothly. Is there something I should be doing to the mesh before I export it?.
Any help is much appreciated.
Rich.