Converting from 3dsmax without 3dsmax

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
Tankko
Gnoblar
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:31 pm
x 1

Converting from 3dsmax without 3dsmax

Post by Tankko »

I have some .3ds files that I'd like to convert to .mesh files, but I don't have a copy of 3dsmax. These files were done by someone else in Wings3d and exported to 3dsmax format.

Now I have them (but not the .wings file).

Is there a way to do this?

(please say yes)

Tankko
User avatar
danharibo
Minaton
Posts: 997
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:14 pm
Location: Wales, United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by danharibo »

import them into blender?
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

If you mean 3ds files, the best thing is to import them into your favorite modeler.
However, if it is max files, you're out of luck. :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
Hornet
Halfling
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:33 am

Post by Hornet »

Can I surgest downloading a trial version of max and exporting them using that?
Tankko
Gnoblar
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:31 pm
x 1

Post by Tankko »

Thanks for the suggestions. I found the .wings files in a .zip that I got from the artist.
User avatar
celic
Gnome
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:05 am
Location: Chisinau/Moldova
Contact:

Post by celic »

I'm not sure, but I think someone from the community has provided an 3ds2mesh converter, just make a search! :)

I've found it, it's in ogreaddons section!

3ds2mesh dgeld Direct converter from .3ds to .mesh and .material
Post Reply