Page 1 of 1

Blender exports animation with armature but not mesh

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:09 am
by mchen
I've built a model in Blender and created a walk animation.

When I go to Export->OgreXML, I get the animation "Walk" listed under "Animation settings of 'Armature'" - the skeleton, but not under "Animation settings of 'Mannequin'" - the mesh. When I export both, I get "Armature.mesh.xml", "Armature-Armature.skeleton.xml" and "mannequin.mesh.xml".

When I run the XMLConverter on the "Armature-Armature.skeleton.xml" file, it is only seen by "Armature.mesh.xml".

I have done the Dungeon Hack tutorial and was able to create the cube.mesh with the rocking animation. I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this one. I've been working on this for almost two weeks now and am going crazy :cry: , so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Re: Blender exports animation with armature but not mesh

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:53 am
by reimpell
mchen wrote:When I go to Export->OgreXML, I get the animation "Walk" listed under "Animation settings of 'Armature'" - the skeleton, but not under "Animation settings of 'Mannequin'" - the mesh.
The scripts checks if the mesh object's parent is a skeleton object, so you have to do the proper parenting. Please also check if mannequin.mesh.xml contains tags named <skeletonlink> and <boneassignments>.

Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:39 am
by mchen
Yes, I reparented the armature to the mesh and it exports now. :D I realize now that after I joined some armatures, I forgot to redo the parent step. Thanks.

Now I have a weird problem with the exported animation where the view in Ogre is deformed (translation where there is none). I've tried Ctrl-A and Ctrl-N with no luck. Oh well, time to go forum diving.