Page 1 of 1

Scenes and meshes (Ofusion and exporter)

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:31 am
by nach_
This is a very noob question but I've not find the answer and as I'm nothing but not familiarized with 3dmodellers... let's see if you can help me!

Iam trying to export a .3ds onto a mesh, Im using ofusion for that purpose and the fact is that, instead getting one mesh, it makes me a mesh for all the parts of the 3ds and one scene that contains all that meshes.

Any clue on how to do to get one mesh with the 3ds on that (the 3ds is a ship).

Thankyou very much and sorry for the annoyances!

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:11 am
by nach_
Hey, I've tried to export it with 3ds max exporter tool that generates a .mesh.xml file and convert it.

The exported worked fine, and the xmlconverter too. The prob is that when I render the ship, it is all silver (there are no colors). I've tried to export it with the option of export vertex colors but the problem is still there.

Any help there?

Thankyou!

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:04 am
by Falagard
Check the oFusion message board in the Addons Forum for questions related to oFusion, they'll be able to help you better.

Regarding the .mesh converter, chances are that the materials are failing to load. Check your Ogre log file for errors.

Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:06 am
by nach_
Thankyou very much for answering. Its strange because now, trying with other models Ofusion did worked but despite of this, some parts of that models are still uncolored.

Thankyou again!