Exporting from blender

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
WestWolf24
Gnoblar
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:53 pm

Exporting from blender

Post by WestWolf24 »

I couldn't find anything relevent by searching the forums or the wiki. But after exporting a scene from blender with multiple objects and exporting the meshes for the scene I end up with lots of xml files to convert. Right now I'm writing a shell script so I don't have to run the converter a couple hundred times. So my question is am I doing something wrong or is this the way everyone exports their scenes from blender? Thanks.
reimpell
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:35 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Post by reimpell »

The documentation that is bundled with the script wrote:If the OGRE_XML_CONVERTER script variable is set to the OgreXMLConverter executable, the converter is called on the exported XML files.
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

A good idea is to download the OGRE command-line tools (which contains the OgreXMLConverter) and install it - even if you have OGRE elsewhere. :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
WestWolf24
Gnoblar
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:53 pm

Post by WestWolf24 »

Thanks I hadn't seen the command line tools. I'm still figuring all this stuff out. Thanks for the help :)
Post Reply