Best way to organise materials?

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
TrackGuy
Halfling
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Germany, Hannover

Best way to organise materials?

Post by TrackGuy »

Hello,

I just started to use Sketchup and the new Sketchup Exporter (great work BTW). Everything runs fine so far but ...

All meshes I export are grey and do not use their material. I posted that problem in another thread.

Now I exported a second mesh (and the exporter generates an .material file for it). But inside the different .material file (one per exported mesh) some definitions are double which causes ogre to throw an error.

I dont want to edit .material files by hand for every object I export in the future. What is the best way to organise the material scripts in a way that material definitions do not collide?

Any tips for an efficient workflow?

Thanks.
User avatar
Jerky
Orc Shaman
Posts: 791
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:13 am
Location: Springville, Utah
Contact:

Post by Jerky »

See my post in your other thread. I'd be happy to go more into depth if you need it.
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 204#157204
Erik Briggs (Jerky)
My Blog
Project Wish
Image
TrackGuy
Halfling
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:33 pm
Location: Germany, Hannover

Post by TrackGuy »

Hi Jerky,
Jerky wrote:See my post in your other thread. I'd be happy to go more into depth if you need it.
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 204#157204
:shock: Wow ... that description is great. Many thanks. I will try this in a few minutes.

best regards ...
Post Reply