Need help with Model and Armature.

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
colezero
Halfling
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:50 pm

Need help with Model and Armature.

Post by colezero »

I want to export a model from Blender to Ogre XML, and an error appear:
Error: Vertex in skinned mesh without influence.
So thought maybe i forgotten to add a vertex so i checked all groups in blender, but i don't missed any vertex, all are asigned..
I switched to Blender Game-Mode and i saw the error, it looks like one vertex is not assigned(picture), but if i look from a different angle everything is fine(picture). And in normal editing Mode, also everything is fine.
I do also recalculated the normals, but it doesn't help...


picture:
Image

ps. sry for my english..^^
chuzzy06
Gnoblar
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:30 pm

Post by chuzzy06 »

I also use blender so if you upload the .blend I will prbably be able to fix it(and tell you how)
Ignorance is bliss
colezero
Halfling
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:50 pm

Post by colezero »

That would be nice so this is the Blend-file.

Hand-blend.blend
reimpell
OGRE Contributor
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 570
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 10:35 am
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Re: Need help with Model and Armature.

Post by reimpell »

You can select unskinned vertices with my selectunskinned.py script.
  • copy the script into Blender's script folder
  • start Blender and load your mesh
  • go into edit mode
  • unselect all
  • call the script with "Mesh->Scripts->Select Unskinned Vertices", all unskinned vertices are selected now (one in this case)
  • assign that vertex to a bone
  • reexport the mesh
colezero
Halfling
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:50 pm

Post by colezero »

Big thx,, i've looked for this ind of script for to long...^^
thx
Post Reply