Problem to export Blender animation

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Post Reply
User avatar
Solo
Gnoblar
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:13 am

Problem to export Blender animation

Post by Solo »

Hello,

I am not an artist (I am programmer), but I know a little bit Blender. I have read the tuturial on export Blender and I can export my .blend in .mesh, but the "Animation setting of" section not appear for my model. Only the name and the Update button appear.

I have make an animation with the insert keyframe command in Blender (start at frame 1, end at frame 100 with a rotation...). I can see the animation in the lpo window and I can run the animation with the timeline window.

Now, how transform this animation in an exportable animation for Ogre ?

Note: I obtain this error message when I use the Export\Ogre XML command :
Can't import pickle module
permanent settings disabled
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

First of all: you need to install Python 2.4, and setup an environment variable PYTHON_HOME pointing to your Python installation.
The in-built Blender Python is just enough to run Blender itself, not sufficient for the Ogre exporter.

Secondly: I think you need to have your animation window visible when you export.

See the Blender exporter topic for details. :wink:
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
User avatar
Solo
Gnoblar
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:13 am

Post by Solo »

I have define an environnement variable like describe in the Blender docs and I have install Python 2.4.3 My Blender version is 2.4.1 (I test with the zip ans the full install versions).

I have the same problem. In Blender, the export XML tool don't have the "Animation setting of" section and the "Animation setting of" title don't appear so.

But the error message is resolve (we are on the good way).
User avatar
jacmoe
OGRE Retired Moderator
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 20570
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:13 am
Location: Denmark
x 179
Contact:

Post by jacmoe »

Did you select your model/mesh in Blender?
/* Less noise. More signal. */
Ogitor Scenebuilder - powered by Ogre, presented by Qt, fueled by Passion.
OgreAddons - the Ogre code suppository.
User avatar
Solo
Gnoblar
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:13 am

Post by Solo »

Yes. Tell me the steps that you do to make a animation please. I forget a step I beleive.
WhiteNoise
Gnoblar
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:11 pm
Contact:

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm having a similar problem. If I select the armature I can export the armature and the animations, but when I select the mesh that is using the armature I don't get the option to export the animations and the mesh is exported without any of the bone assignments..
WhiteNoise
Gnoblar
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:11 pm
Contact:

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah of course I found the answer right after I posted. This thread helped: http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... ht=blender

The mesh needs to be parented to the armature.
User avatar
Solo
Gnoblar
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:13 am

Post by Solo »

Thanks, it's resolve. I make the armature to be parented to the mesh :)
Post Reply