Page 1 of 1

MAX Exporter Problem.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:05 pm
by ArenAK
Sorry,I know this is a little outdated. But I just want make sure what's the problem:)

I use Ogre3DSExporter-1.0.7 to export my .max model,when I render it in ogre,every thing is all right,except that there is no texture on the model.

I've checked .material file,like this:

Code: Select all

material Material #203/10_-_Default
{
    technique
    {
        pass
        {
            ambient 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235
            diffuse 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235
            specular 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.0
            emissive 0.0 0.0 0.0
            texture_unit
            {
                texture buliao3.jpg 
            }
        }
    }
}

material Material #203/02_-_Default
{
    technique
    {
        pass
        {
            ambient 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235
            diffuse 0.588235 0.588235 0.588235
            specular 0.9 0.9 0.9 0.0
            emissive 0.0 0.0 0.0
            texture_unit
            {
                texture huizhang.jpg 
            }
        }
    }
}
And I'm sure I have placed the .jpg files at the proper location.

So what's wrong? How can I solve the problem?

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:13 pm
by jacmoe
Look at the ogre.log, please.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:50 pm
by ArenAK
Thanks for your reminding. And through the ogre.log,I have checked and solved the problem.

It says "Can't assign material Material_#203/10_-_Default to SubEntity of entity because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?".

However I don't know why this:when I exported the model,in the .mesh file material name is "Material_#203/10_-_Default",but in the .material file it is "Material #203/10_-_Default", the difference is that underline.Maybe I should check it once more.

Thanks again.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:12 pm
by xavier
The MaxScript exporter puts underscores in where spaces exist in the names. Solution: Do not name your materials or objects with spaces inside of Max.

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:37 pm
by jacmoe
Solution: use OGRE materials (in MAX). :wink:

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:44 pm
by xavier
Actually, the solution is use oFusion instead of the MaxScript exporter.