Adjusting scene parameters at run-time
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:17 pm
Hello all,
In the project my team is working on, we want to be able to adjust some scene parameters at run-time. The adjustment probably only needs to be made once, in response to one particular event in the timeline. There are two main things we want to change:
While it would definitely be possible to manually adjust parameters and reassign textures in code, I wonder if there might be a better way? The kind of thing I am looking for is a way of specifying different sets of information in the ".scene" file (such as lighting states and material parameters), and switching between them. (Ideally, I would like to avoid manually editing XML files, although we can do that if necessary).
Sorry if my description is not very clear! Any advice would be welcome though.
Thanks.
In the project my team is working on, we want to be able to adjust some scene parameters at run-time. The adjustment probably only needs to be made once, in response to one particular event in the timeline. There are two main things we want to change:
- Lighting (from dark to bright)
- Materials (colour properties and textures)
While it would definitely be possible to manually adjust parameters and reassign textures in code, I wonder if there might be a better way? The kind of thing I am looking for is a way of specifying different sets of information in the ".scene" file (such as lighting states and material parameters), and switching between them. (Ideally, I would like to avoid manually editing XML files, although we can do that if necessary).
Sorry if my description is not very clear! Any advice would be welcome though.
Thanks.