once again the Ogre exporter for Maya 8.5

The place for artists, modellers, level designers et al to discuss their approaches for creating content for OGRE.
Birdseed
Gnoblar

once again the Ogre exporter for Maya 8.5

Post by Birdseed » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:58 pm

Hi
I am an artist who is new to Ogre. I installed the official Ogre exporter for Maya 8.5 from the tools section just like the instruction says.
After my first export of a textured box I wanted to have a look at it with the "Show Mesh" model viewer. It showed me a white mesh but not the texture
it only says:

"Can't assign material lambert1 to SubEntity of C:/ogre/box.mesh because this Material does not exist. Have you forgotten to define it in a .material script?"

But I have a file named box.material and if I try to export a model with skeleton animations the model viewer does not show any. Although there is a
.anim and .skeleton file.

I would be really thankful if you could help.
0 x

metaldev
Orc Shaman

Post by metaldev » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:55 pm

is the box.material in the same directory as the model or in one of your resource directories?

if so, open up the file in a text editor and verify that there is an actual material named lambert1 defined in there.
0 x

Birdseed
Gnoblar

Post by Birdseed » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:55 pm

Thanks to the help of a good friend of mine.The problem was solved.
The Model viewer "Show Mesh" wants me to have the files in his folders and not in one I defined myself.

That means:
*.material -> ...\Show Mesh\media\materials\scripts
*.jpg (the texture) -> ...\Show Mesh\media\materials\textures
*.mesh & *.skeleton -> ...\Show Mesh\media\models
0 x