What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
AltecZZ
Halfling
Posts: 50 Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:46 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by AltecZZ » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:22 am
In the current installer of the OGRE Command Line tools, you can't specify where you want the tools to be installed.
On one machine, it installed to c:\OgreCommandLineTools
On another, it installed to g:\OgreCommandLineTools
I'm not sure how it picks which drive to install it on... This sounds like a small fix, anyway.
What does everyone else think?
haffax
OGRE Retired Moderator
Posts: 4823 Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:40 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
x 8
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by haffax » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:58 pm
Good idea. User should decide where to put the tools during installation.
The automatic mode is confusing and surprising. An installer shouldn't surprise the user imho.
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 1316 Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
x 18
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by PolyVox » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:58 pm
Agreed. I have to admit it's confused me a couple of time (installed to d:/ instead of the expected c:/).
AltecZZ
Halfling
Posts: 50 Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:46 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by AltecZZ » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:57 pm
I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Was the Installer created with Visual Studio's Installer Wizard?
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269 Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by sinbad » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:34 pm
It's created with WiX. I don't understand the issue here, it's very easy to install where you want:
Just click the 'Browse' button right there.
AltecZZ
Halfling
Posts: 50 Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:46 am
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by AltecZZ » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:48 pm
I have NO idea how I missed that......
PolyVox
OGRE Contributor
Posts: 1316 Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands
x 18
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by PolyVox » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:41 pm
Yeah, that's a bit embarressing. Bit I think when I installed I just saw it was in the root folder and mentally filled in the 'C:/', whereas it had actually put it in 'D:/'. Well, no excuses really... it's a case of user stupidity
That said, it might be nice if it defaulted to c drive instad of some other letter - would be a bit more standard.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269 Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:
Quote
0
login to like this post
Post
by sinbad » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:31 pm
I think WiX defaults to the latest non-network drive you have.