What is Hydrax?
Hydrax is an add-on for the OGRE Graphics Engine that wants to provide a easy-use library in order to render pretty water scenes.
It's all configurable, all effect, such as water depth effects, smooth transitions, foam effects, caustics, underwater god rays, ... can be modified in real-time as well as all options that do not depend of shaders such as Rtt's texture quality, hydrax geometry and noise modules options, you can change between different modules(geometry and noise) on-fly, etc... Hydrax has a modulable interface wich allows any kind of water geometry, actually there're two modules availables: The infinite ocean module, based on the projected grid concept and a plane-defined module; of course, hydrax geometry modules and noise modules can be coded by users.
- Ralistic fresnel refraction and reflection effects.
- Intelligent depth effects based on depth maps.
- Smooth transitions effects: Smooth transitions with all objects in the scene using the depth map.
- Caustics effects.
- Sunlight effects.
- Foam effects.
- Full underwater effects, underwater reflections, god rays...
- Vertex and GPU Normals generation
- Decals support(To place any kind of texture on the water, like ship trails, water vegetables, etc)
- Modulable interface. (Geometry and noise modules).
- HLSL and CG support.(And GLSL in future versions)
- Water editor
Projected grid module video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tll6Bi2XblU (First part)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvddAMjURKg (Second part)
Wiki link: http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/Hydrax
- Hydrax/Demo sources and media files(*): http://modclub.rigsofrods.com/xavi/Hydrax-v0.4.rar
- Precompiled demo: http://modclub.rigsofrods.com/xavi/Hydr ... _Demo1.rar [While running the demo press 'm' to switch water presets!]
- Hydrax editor(and sources): http://modclub.rigsofrods.com/xavi/Hydr ... r-v0.4.rar [Hydrax config files are saved in bin/release/saved]
- Linux package(version 0.3): (Note: view Readme_Linux.txt) http://modclub.rigsofrods.com/xavi/hydr ... ux.tar.bz2 [Thanks to skwurp]