particle friction

What it says on the tin: a place to discuss proposed new features.
Post Reply
User avatar
Captain_Deathbeard
Gremlin
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:16 pm
Location: UK
x 7
Contact:

particle friction

Post by Captain_Deathbeard »

This is only a little thing, but it would be useful to have a friction setting for particle systems. Good for things like air-resistance and lets particles look 'lighter', like feathers.
User avatar
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member
Posts: 19269
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:19 pm
Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands
x 67
Contact:

Post by sinbad »

Just create a new ParticleAffector which scales the velocity - not difficult.
User avatar
Captain_Deathbeard
Gremlin
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:16 pm
Location: UK
x 7
Contact:

Post by Captain_Deathbeard »

the closest thing I can find is the linear force affector, but nothing that can scale the velocity. The only thing I can think of is to set a linear force affector to average 0 0 0 but this has little effect.
Amotea
Halfling
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 8:32 pm

Post by Amotea »

I think this is what you're looking for:
http://www.ogre3d.org/wiki/index.php/In ... onAffector

And as Sinbad said, you can always write your own. When I needed to create my own, I just copied the InterpolationAffector and changed the names and code in the right places, quite easy really.
Post Reply