OGRE has moved from CVS to Subversion

Anything and everything that's related to OGRE or the wider graphics field that doesn't fit into the other forums.
sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

OGRE has moved from CVS to Subversion

Post by sinbad » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:08 am

Yes, as previously planned the Subversion move has gone ahead.

The instructions on the main website have been updated to reflect the change, and if you used the CVS version of Ogre previously you should move across to the Subversion repository asap, since there will be no more updates to the CVS repository from today.

Also note that the Addons have moved to their own project, in a separate Subversion repository, instructions on how to obtain them has also been updated. If you are an add-ons developer, please note that I have only added back access to people who have committed to the CVS repository in the last 12 months, or have otherwise been active. Should you find that your access is restricted and you need to be added back, please let me know.

Plenty of people asked for this so I'm glad we've now been able to do it. I've tried to update all the documentation but if you see anything that needs correcting, please either do it if you're able (e.g. the wiki), or let me know otherwise. You can start committing to Subversion from this point onwards.
0 x

sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:13 am

Oh, also note that because the addons repository has been split off, I've also split off the commit notification mailing list. There's now a new one for the addons, so if you want to get notification of addons changes, you'll need to subscribe to it.
0 x

FrameFever
Platinum Sponsor
Platinum Sponsor

Post by FrameFever » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:33 pm

good job Sinbad!
0 x

Chaster
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Chaster » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:09 am

*me does happy dance!*

Woohoo! Yay! Yehaw! Hooray! Thank you!

And now, a few questions:

1) I just got down the latest SVN build, but it doesn't seem to have the same version of PCZSM as what CVS *should* have (I say "should" because I committed updates on friday, the 25th)... At least, it doesn't match what I have here on my machine.

2) Perhaps this should go through private messaging, but do I have commit access for PCZSM? I will need to make updates...

Chaster
0 x

sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:54 am

I did a windiff on the SVN version versus a clean copy of CVS after the conversion, and the only differences were:

- Some resurrected files as dicussed (deleted afterwards)
- SVN's date format for $version tags changed a few files auto-headers

Everything else was identical.

I just checked a few random PCZ files against the CVS commit mailing list from Friday and everything seems fine. For example the signature change to RoomObject::createTestBuilding is there, which was a Friday 25th change. My changes from 26th are there too. If it doesn't match, I suspect you changed it afterwards and haven't committed yet?

Yes, you have commit access, just use your Sourceforge user/password.
0 x

Chaster
OGRE Expert User
OGRE Expert User

Post by Chaster » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:04 pm

sinbad wrote:I did a windiff on the SVN version versus a clean copy of CVS after the conversion, and the only differences were:

- Some resurrected files as dicussed (deleted afterwards)
- SVN's date format for $version tags changed a few files auto-headers

Everything else was identical.

I just checked a few random PCZ files against the CVS commit mailing list from Friday and everything seems fine. For example the signature change to RoomObject::createTestBuilding is there, which was a Friday 25th change. My changes from 26th are there too. If it doesn't match, I suspect you changed it afterwards and haven't committed yet?

Yes, you have commit access, just use your Sourceforge user/password.
I didn't realize that you made some changes to PCZSM yourself. That would explain some stuff. I will have to go and manually compare. I'm a little bit paranoid heh..

Thank you for checking this out Sinbad.

Chaster
0 x

DanielSefton
Ogre Magi

Post by DanielSefton » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:42 pm

Oh my days! Finally. :D

Thanks for this. I'm sure everyone will welcome the change. I never did like CVS. :wink:
0 x

sinbad
OGRE Retired Team Member
OGRE Retired Team Member

Post by sinbad » Thu May 01, 2008 8:55 pm

Chaster wrote:I didn't realize that you made some changes to PCZSM yourself. That would explain some stuff. I will have to go and manually compare. I'm a little bit paranoid heh..

Thank you for checking this out Sinbad.

Chaster
Nono, I didn't make any changes to PCZ, I mean I made changes to other areas after you did on Friday, and those were included.
0 x

Ogre3der
Gnoblar

Post by Ogre3der » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:47 am

I like it so much :lol:
0 x