Page 1 of 1

Don't let animation tracks modify manual controlled bones

Posted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:07 am
by oiking
What about restricting Animations to not apply their "animation" (rotation, translation etc..) if their referencing bone is manually controlled?

This would make dynamic / procedural animation a lot easier as you could switch back to canned animation all the time (I need to destroy alle animation tracks for a bone i wish to control manually).

Another point: What about having a weight factor, just as for the animations, for the manual controlled values, so you can easily mix-in some dynamic movement?

I'm going to implement this for our project as we do need some dynamic motions on top of our motion-captured animations, so i'm happy to provide a patch for the Eihort version if it's requested.

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:23 am
by Kukanani
I really like this idea. The fact that bones will still animate themselves if they are set to be "manually controlled" is contradictory.

The weight idea is great too. +1

--"Kuk"

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:09 pm
by subquantum
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39510

Not quite sure what the status is on the patch, but I've used it before to much success :) (to take manual control of a character's arm while holding a weapon, and give it back to animation when dropped)

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:43 pm
by Praetor
Skeletal blend masks are implemented in 1.6 already.